Tiny Core Extensions > TCE Q&A Forum

VLC freezing and not playing on-line radio

<< < (10/10)

tinypoodle:

--- Quote from: Neo on October 09, 2010, 08:09:55 AM ---
--- Quote from: tinypoodle on October 09, 2010, 06:18:54 AM ---
--- Quote from: Neo on October 08, 2010, 11:00:17 PM ---I just wiped and reinstalled TC.

--- End quote ---

Does pasting into aterm now work as expected or not?

--- End quote ---

It still won't let you cut and paste, however now that lxterminal is installed it's a moot point.

--- End quote ---

I do not think it's a moot point at all, as this concerns a most basic operation of TC base.
However, it is totally off the topic off this thread.

I'd suggest a forum admin could move post #32 to a new thread in TCB Bugs forum, and then we could take it up from there.

tinypoodle:

--- Quote from: Neo on October 09, 2010, 08:47:13 AM ---
--- Quote from: gerald_clark on October 08, 2010, 11:40:34 PM ---Try mc from a terminal.  You may have to load ncurses.

--- End quote ---

I tried that and it's not very usable.  A lot of junk appears on the screen and it wasn't possible to navigate to all of the files.

Is there some way to get MC to launch without using the terminal?

--- End quote ---

Yes, from a Virtual Terminal (console).

--- Quote ---Or is there some other file manager program that you could recommend?

--- End quote ---

My personal preference would be rox-filer, though that has quite some dependencies (gtk2 et al).
emelfm would be more simple.

Neo:

--- Quote from: tinypoodle on October 09, 2010, 09:19:15 AM ---
--- Quote from: Neo on October 09, 2010, 08:47:13 AM ---
--- Quote from: gerald_clark on October 08, 2010, 11:40:34 PM ---Try mc from a terminal.  You may have to load ncurses.

--- End quote ---

I tried that and it's not very usable.  A lot of junk appears on the screen and it wasn't possible to navigate to all of the files.

Is there some way to get MC to launch without using the terminal?

--- End quote ---

Yes, from a Virtual Terminal (console).

--- Quote ---Or is there some other file manager program that you could recommend?

--- End quote ---

My personal preference would be rox-filer, though that has quite some dependencies (gtk2 et al).
emelfm would be more simple.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the recommendations Tinypoodle, I tried emelfm2 and like it.
I have now also installed Abiword so I can edit some files when the need arises.

aus9:
gerald_clark

+1

I think lxterminal has set a different font set to aterm which is why we see junk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version