Tiny Core Base > Micro Core

Install guide for Microcore anyone ?

<< < (2/5) > >>

gerald_clark:
Micro Core installs exactly like Tiny Core except the initrd is microcore.gz instead of tinycore.gz.
Since you have installed Tiny Core several times without problems, Micro Core should not be a problem either.
I would suggest first installing Tiny Core.
Then add microcore.gz to the same directory as tinycore.gz.
Then add a microcore option to your bootloader config file as the default entry.
This gives you the added option to boot tinycore with nobase option for troubleshooting, or to even have a tinycore boot option
with a different tce directory.

Terminator3000:
'Micro Core should not be a problem either'  !!! Hopefully that will bear out shortly.

I'm doing it all again as I want to do just a microcore installation,I think I have now got the general procedure after examining various posts. Thanks.

Terminator3000:
Finally done it,installed microcore largely using the tinycore instructions with amendments.

At the end I downloaded the 3 X gz files into tce directory and rebooted.

It boots into the default tinycore blue screen but with no wbar or terminal so I cant do anything on this. I can boot also to a grub prompt so just need to know how to load a window manager at this point to carry on.

As usual tips more than welcome.Thanks to gerald_clark and Juanito for taking the time to help.

curaga:

--- Quote from: Terminator3000 on September 28, 2010, 09:38:11 AM ---It boots into the default tinycore blue screen but with no wbar or terminal so I cant do anything on this. I can boot also to a grub prompt so just need to know how to load a window manager at this point to carry on.

--- End quote ---

There is no wbar or window manager included in MC. "tce-load -wi wbar flwm_topside" to have the TC defaults.

Terminator3000:
Hi,how do I get a tc@box or root terminal from the grub prompt ? Thanks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version