WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: ISOLINUX hanging  (Read 2236 times)

Offline reactor10

ISOLINUX hanging
« on: September 11, 2010, 10:38:52 AM »
Hi,

I have been experimenting remastering both MicroCore and TinyCore. I have written my own remastering script which doesn't do anything special and is mainly identical to the one of the Wiki.
When remastering MC I have attempted to install the Xlibs and Xprogs files, however after adding the contents to the image ISOLINUX hangs. As soon as the image size gets to 10MB ISOLINUX decides not to load the microcore.gz and sits there in an infinite loop.  This has also happened to me whilst remastering TC, however the limit seems to be 24MB.

I'm obviously doing something wrong, does anyone have any ideas what it could be?

Byron

Offline ixbrian

• Administrator
Re: ISOLINUX hanging
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2010, 01:34:46 PM »
What's the last thing you see on the screen before the boot hangs?  Can you provide more details on how you are remastering?

Offline reactor10

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2010, 02:44:10 PM »
This is the only thing that appears on the screen

ISOLINUX 3.2 2009-06-09 ETCD Copyright (C) 1994-2009 H. Peter Anvin et al

I follow the Wiki exactly throughout unpacking/extracting, packing the filesystem up and then making it into an ISO. The only time I deviate is when unpacking the XProgs/Xlibs. At this point I extract them into a directory, copy the files into the extracted TC filesystem and then proceed with packing.

Offline ixbrian

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2010, 04:40:55 PM »
This is the only thing that appears on the screen

ISOLINUX 3.2 2009-06-09 ETCD Copyright (C) 1994-2009 H. Peter Anvin et al

I follow the Wiki exactly throughout unpacking/extracting, packing the filesystem up and then making it into an ISO. The only time I deviate is when unpacking the XProgs/Xlibs. At this point I extract them into a directory, copy the files into the extracted TC filesystem and then proceed with packing.

I'm not sure if it is related to the problem you are having, but you don't need to unpack Xprogs.gz/Xlibs.gz, you can just put them as is in the /opt/tce directory in the extracted initrd filesystem.