Tiny Core Base > TCB Q&A Forum

Shared directory on USB install?

<< < (2/3) > >>

phiphu2002:
Bellow is my configuration:
+ virtual machine runs on VirtualBox, host machine is Ubuntu desktop 9.10
+ two partitions, of a USB flash, are add to the virtual machine as two hard drives
+ tinycore3.0 is installed on the first patition of the USB flash
+ bood loader is syslinux
Here is the result:
+ vitual machine can boot from tinycore
+ virtual machine can see two partitions of the USB (/dev/hda and /dev/hdb)
+ output of "showbootcodes" is "initrd=/boot/tinycore.gz quiet waitusb=5 tce=hdb1 opt=hdb1 BOOT_IMAGE=/boot/bzImage"

Questions:
+ Is it possible to use second partition of the USB for Persistent Repository and Backup?
+ If it is possible? How to use?

Thanks for you help

phiphu2002:
Please help me!

phiphu2002:
After the system bootup, using "fdisk -l" shows that there are 02 disks on machine, /dev/hda (with root fs), and /dev/hdb.
I can mount /dev/hdb and use that disk. However, adding "tce=hdb retore=hdb" to the boot code makes system hang at boot "Invalid device hdb". The same result happens when using UUDI instead of "hdb".
Can you help?

gerald_clark:

--- Quote from: phiphu2002 on September 15, 2010, 05:05:17 AM ---After the system bootup, using "fdisk -l" shows that there are 02 disks on machine, /dev/hda (with root fs), and /dev/hdb.
I can mount /dev/hdb and use that disk. However, adding "tce=hdb retore=hdb" to the boot code makes system hang at boot "Invalid device hdb". The same result happens when using UUDI instead of "hdb".
Can you help?

--- End quote ---
You need to use partitions, not drives for tce and restore options.

phiphu2002:
Event using partition /dev/hdb1, TCL bootup is still hang.
Another strange thing is "mount -t vfat /dev/hdb /mnt/hdc" is ok. But "mount -t vfat /dev/hdb1/hdc" returns "Invalid option".

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version