Tiny Core Base > TCB Bugs

Endlessly growing files in ~/.wmx/Applications

(1/2) > >>

tpchan:
I have TC v3.0 installed to a netbook hard drive. tce dir is set to /mnt/sda2. Firefox is installed as an "On boot" application. Backup is turned on.

To see and repeat the problem, I just boot TC 3.0 from the hard drive, open aterm and do "cat ~/.wmx/Applications/Firefox" and I see:

#!/bin/sh
exec /usr/local/firefox-official/firefox
#!/bin/sh
#!/bin/sh

Click the exit button and choose reboot and my backup choice is already enabled. Now start TC 3.0 again and now in aterm do "cat ~/.wmx/Applications/Firefox" and now the code is repeated there four times. All of my files in ~/.wmx/Applications/ have the same problems. Every time I shutdown or reboot, then the next time I start up TC, then the files in ~/.wmx/Applications grow by one instance of shell block code (#!/bin/sh LF exec /usr/local/*).

This behavior is duplicated EVERY time and is still present in TC 3.1rc1.

I suspect TC is seeing that I have some "On Boot" applications chosen and just appends to the respective ~/.wmx/Applications file every time without checking to see what's in there already or if the files already exist.

I also suspect most TC users are using it from USB or cdroms and not bothering to install to hard drives, otherwise someone else would have noticed this by now.

roberts:
.wmx should be in your /opt/.xfiletool.lst  Having such will prevent that from occurring.

I would suggest to boot "base norestore" to see the default /opt/.xfiletool.lst and compare with yours.

tpchan:
.wmx IS in my /opt.xfiletool.lst. This bug still happens all the time. I've also noticed that the duplicated blocks of code are also being repeated in .wmx/SystemTools

I checked in my /opt/filetools.lst and it contains home/tc, so could this be a problem ?

Besides I am viewing the contents of mydata.tgz and it does NOT contain any .wmx files.

So this bug is probably some kind of looping error in what ever code is creating the .wmx/Applications and .wmx/SystemTools entries.

curaga:
So both backup and persistent home? I see.

A simple fix would be

--- Quote ------ flwm_topside_menu_common~   2010-08-18 11:16:05.000000000 +0300
+++ flwm_topside_menu_common    2010-08-18 11:16:18.000000000 +0300
@@ -20,7 +20,7 @@
   }
 }
 END {
-  print "#!/bin/sh" >> output"/"name
+  print "#!/bin/sh" > output"/"name
   if ( terminal == "true" ) {
      print "exec aterm +tr +sb -T \""name"\" -e " exec > output"/"name
   } else {

--- End quote ---

tpchan:
Thanks curaga, editing flwm_topside_menu_common solved my problem!

I'm not quite sure how I've managed to enable both backup and persistent home on my TC 3.0 hard drive install, but I'll try to read up on how to choose one or the other.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version