WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: General Understanding Question: remastering  (Read 2114 times)

Offline NetMouse

General Understanding Question: remastering
« on: August 05, 2010, 08:20:52 AM »
I am trying to decide if TinyCoreLinux will do what I need, or at least what I think I need at this point.  I am trying to build a turn key system to manage a set of remote devices that use the arduino microprocessor and talk to system via xbee radio's.

What I think I need is:

Java JDK, and optional IDE but VI will do
The arduino sketch building tool, I will make it run on the tinycore if it doesn't already.

I think the question is, can I remaster a Live CD from a different machine that will include these items, and consequently be turnkey?  I am just new to this idea.

If I read the docs correctly I can create the remaster directory anywhere, which includes an USB file system, then move that USB drive to a machine with a CD Burner and burn the new CD.

All I am looking for here is a confirmation that I can do this and I will do the footwork to figure out how to make it so.

Thanks

Offline ^thehatsrule^

• Administrator
Re: General Understanding Question: remastering
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 11:01:37 AM »
See topics on remastering, esp. in the wiki.

Offline curaga

• Administrator
Re: General Understanding Question: remastering
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 11:32:32 AM »
I think the question is, can I remaster a Live CD from a different machine that will include these items, and consequently be turnkey?  I am just new to this idea.

If I read the docs correctly I can create the remaster directory anywhere, which includes an USB file system, then move that USB drive to a machine with a CD Burner and burn the new CD.

Yes to both.
The only barriers that can stop you are the ones you create yourself.