Tiny Core Base > Micro Core

help with recompiling the kernel i get error

<< < (2/3) > >>

curaga:
Coreutils and util-linux-ng, I think.

mc006:
Hi,
I have manage to recompile the kernel,
i.e. make bzImage and make modules finished without any errors.
I have a bzImage which i have moved to /mnt/hda1/boot dir and renamed it as bzImage2 since i already have my original bzImage already in this dir.
I would like to know after the make modules command how to i install all the modules in mc3. What command do i need to execute?
Can some please advise?
For the new kernel how to i create initrd file?
In my grub menu.lst file i have following entries:

--- Code: ---default 0
timeout 10
kernel /boot/bzImage quiet
initrd /boot/microcore.gz
title mc_kernel_custom
kernel /boot/bzImage2 quiet
initrd ??? what do i put for this and how do i create this

--- End code ---

Please help with installing modules i am not sure about the paths bit and also how to i create new initial ram disk file.

Thanks so far for all you help....

Juanito:

--- Quote from: mc006 on July 27, 2010, 04:29:06 PM ---I would like to know after the make modules command how to i install all the modules in mc3. What command do i need to execute?

--- End quote ---
"make modules_install" - note that after installing the modules, you will need to move them under /usr/local/lib/modules/2.6.33.3-tinycore and make an extension out of them.

--- Quote ---For the new kernel how to i create initrd file?

--- End quote ---
You can use the existing microcore.gz/tinycore.gz

mc006:
Hi,
Thanks for the info. i ran make modules_install and that worked fine. I am still not sure about creating the extensions bit.

--- Code: ---"make modules_install" - note that after installing the modules, you will need to move them under /usr/local/lib/modules/2.6.33.3-tinycore and make an extension out of them.
--- End code ---
Can you provide some steps on how i copy modules to /usr/local/lib/modules/2.6.33.3-tinycore and how to make an extension of them...some steps to do this will be really helpful. I have tried looking at the wiki but could not find these steps.
When i recompiled the kernel i enabled lot modules, is there a easy way to copy them across using a single command....

Thanks alot for your help....i am nearly there....

mc006:
Hi any help on how i go further with this....please help...
Thanks

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version