Team Tiny Core is pleased to announce Micro Core 3.0 is now available.http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/tinycorelinux/3.x/release/microcore/microcore_3.0.iso
* New kernel update to 22.214.171.124 ( a upx'ed version is also available in the distribution file area ).
* New 64-bit kernel available in distribtion files area.
* New compressed swap in ram -> able to run more and longer, less crashes due to out of ram
* New tmpfs root always -> no longer possible to exhaust ram in an "embed" boot via files
* New improved virtualization support
* New ext4 support in base/base tools
* New delta extension updates as the default using zsync.
* New kernel for support of pci-hotplug modules
* New modules for eeepc-laptop and ssb
* New kernel-agnostic dep files supported by core functions.
* Updated busybox 1.17.0 New: flock, modinfo, rev, unxz, xz, xzcat and unlimited loops. Tar xz support.
* Updated glibc updated to 2.11.1 and recompiled against 2.6.33 kernel headers
* Updated gcc updated to 4.4.3, recompiled against 2.6.33 kernel headers and cloog, ppl, mpfr, gmp
* Updated e2fsprogs base libs/apps updated to 1.41.11
* Updated zlib 1.2.5, ncurses 5.7, sudo 1.7.2p6, pcmciautils 017, module-init-tools 3.11.1
* Updated util-linux-ng 126.96.36.199, libpng 1.2.44, libfreetype 2.3.12, libImlib2 1.4.4
* Updated libjepg, libsysfs, systool, get_device, bcrypt, rungetty
* Updated squashfs module with latest patch.
* Updated .profile for flwm titlebar new color.
* Updated tce-setdrive and tc-restore.sh for better /tmp/tce test.
* Updated 55-tc-rules for better permission on ramzswap.
* Updated tc-functions with new getMajorVer and getMirror
* Updated tce-audit, tce-fetch.sh, tce-load, tce-update, and appbrowser for getMirror.
* Updated tce-setup for microcore .gzs in /opt/tce remaster
* Updated tce-setdrive to exclude cdrom and dvd.
* Updated mktclocal to exclude cdrom and dvd.
* Updated usbinstall moved bzImage and tinycore.gz/microcore.gz to /boot
* Fixed various typos and other small tweaks and adjustments
* Updated usbinstall added UUID clause to waitusb option.
* Updated tce-update to acknowledge when system is up-to-date.
* Updated tce-update to accept tce dir as parameter.
* Fixed bug in tc-functions autoscan.
* Updated .filetool.lst & .xfiletool.lst to support alternate user(s).
* Updated tce-setdrive to suport alternate user.
* Updated shutdown.sh. Added .xfiletool.lst processing when home not in backup for persistent home.
* Updated tc-functions getMirror and getbasefile.
* Updated tce-load. Added for -i option, a fall through check of standard .tce_dir
* Updated tce-load. Fixed bug. Local loading was not processing all dependencies.
* Updated filetool.sh to explicitly call busybox tar.
* Updated linstdc++ to 6.13 now aligns with toolchain extension.
* Updated rebuildfstab to support raid devices.
* Updated some incorrect device types and numbers.
* Updated tc-config with new boot code blacklist
* Updated tce-load to specifically call busybox mount to support unlimited loops.
* Removed /dev/loop9 - 255, retaining only 1-8.
See also Tiny Core announcement concering X related item:http://forum.tinycorelinux.net/index.php?topic=6804.0
Note. Files likely in your backup that have changed and need to be updated: