Rich yes thanks and i do that too, I also mount them in Vbox and create bootable USB's from the iso.. Today though I'm loosing count of the number of iso's I've made.
Brian, phew I think I'm getting there thanks.. mounting core.iso in place of tinycore.iso was a major breakthrough in many regards in fixing the multitude of error messages and now there is only one at boot re X failing to load. As always the fault is mine, having to make a hundred mistakes attempting something new until finally it clicks.. Dealing with the X issue, I remembered the frame buffer needed vga=791 boot code which for the whole day I'd forgotten to add lol
First problem was using Tinycore.iso for the remaster image, i think it provides other versions of xprogs, xlibs, wbar, fltk1.10 etc etc. than the versions of these extensions also loaded into the remaster via "Inside initrd apps on boot" (this option is my preferred choice). Which get priority?
next up I think the frambuffer boot code was missing.. am checking it now
lastly the temp/tce/xwbar.lst has been lost during the upgrade to 4.3 as a result after creating a remaster, all the icons which had previously been excluded from the wbar are back
lol As i found earlier, the xwbar list is created in /mnt/sda1/tce which doesn't exist in an iso, a remedy which i found earlier was simply copying it to /tmp/tce and adding it to the filetool list. I think this is how I accomplished the task, but I'm forced to review it again with this upgrade to 4.3 (now 4.3.1)
I usually create 5-10 iso's resolving each issue. Am currently way over budget on iso's creation and so far have not yet resolved the second issue fully..
but maybe I'm close