WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: ezremaster: Wizard that walks you step by step to remaster ISO of tinycore  (Read 67798 times)

Offline ixbrian

• Administrator
if one chooses to remaster microcore maybe he need also the core elements

That's a great idea.   I have started working on adding this in.   For Micro Core, there will be an option to include Core Elements, and a drop down menu to select the Xserver and Window Manager to include in the remaster.  This will be included in the next version which should be out sometime in the next few days. 

Offline ixbrian

• Administrator
if one chooses to remaster microcore maybe he need also the core elements

A new version is now posted that supports specifying a X server and Window Manager when remastering Micro Core.  Thanks for the suggestion. 

Brian

Offline ixbrian

• Administrator
Version 0.8 is now posted: 
     -Supports customizing /opt/bootlocal.sh and /opt/shutdown.sh
     -Supports setting Xorg XkbLayout and XkdModel in order to allow non-us keymaps for Xorg
     -Supports customizing ISOLINUX settings such as the boot message and the boot timeout

Brian

Offline ixbrian

• Administrator
Version 0.9 is now posted.   It supports remastering Micro Core with the 64 bit kernel.   Download the standard 32 bit Micro Core ISO image, and in the wizard give it the URL or path to microcore64.gz and bzImage64 and it will make the remaster with the 64 bit kernel. 

Offline jls

in the first page of this program it's written to install advdef extension, but the correct name is advcomp
dCore user

Offline tclfan

Version 0.9 is now posted.   It supports remastering Micro Core with the 64 bit kernel.   Download the standard 32 bit Micro Core ISO image, and in the wizard give it the URL or path to microcore64.gz and bzImage64 and it will make the remaster with the 64 bit kernel. 

Ixbrian, where is the remastering program you developed? I am very interested.  How do you compare this to the re-mastering script which exists already in terms of functionality and ease of use?
I have great respect for the author of the existing script, but if your program is even simpler to use, I am always looking forward to simplicity in the way we use technology...
Thanks in advance...

Offline ^thehatsrule^

• Administrator
See the attachments (in the first post)

Offline ixbrian

• Administrator
in the first page of this program it's written to install advdef extension, but the correct name is advcomp

Good catch, I will get this corrected in the next version.   

Thanks,
Brian

Offline ixbrian

• Administrator

Ixbrian, where is the remastering program you developed? I am very interested.  How do you compare this to the re-mastering script which exists already in terms of functionality and ease of use?
I have great respect for the author of the existing script, but if your program is even simpler to use, I am always looking forward to simplicity in the way we use technology...
Thanks in advance...

The files are attached to the first post in this thread.  Only logged in forum members can see attachments, so make sure you are logged in if you don't see the attachments.   You need to download "tc_remaster" and "remaster.sh".   Put these 2 files in a directory in your $PATH, and then run "tc_remaster". 

I haven't tried any other Tiny Core remastering scripts, so I can't compare functionality or ease of use.  If you have any suggestions to improve functionality or ease of use please let me know. 

Thanks,
Brian

Offline ixbrian

• Administrator
Version 0.10 is now posted (attached to first post in this thread), with the following changes:

-Corrected output on first page that showed incorrect extension name (thanks jls_legalize)
     -Added "blacklist" boot code that is new in Tiny Core 3 RC1
     -Misc. other corrections/fixes

Offline ixbrian

• Administrator
I have posted a new version (attached to first message in thread) that includes the following changes:

-There is now an extra step before the actual ISO image is created.   This gives you an opportunity to make manual changes in the extracted initrd filesystem and/or changes to the directory that will be put on the ISO. 
     -Now logs remaster.sh output to "tc_remaster.log".
     -Added error display message on last page if error is detected during remastering.
     -Made file and directory names more consistent - settings are now saved in "tc_remaster.cfg" and the default temp directory is /tmp/tc_remaster

Offline ixbrian

• Administrator
Version 1.00 has been posted with the follow changes:
     -Misc. bug fixes
     -Added usage output to remaster.sh
     -Added more error detection in remaster.sh

Offline bigpcman

Version 1.00 has been posted with the follow changes:
     -Misc. bug fixes
     -Added usage output to remaster.sh
     -Added more error detection in remaster.sh

Thank you for all your effort in putting this script together.
big pc man

Offline ixbrian

• Administrator
To see a demo of tc_remaster in action, check out the following youtube videos:

Part 1:   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13TBjg8-C9s
Part 2:   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9w7ZzC28sJE

Offline ixbrian

• Administrator
Version 1.1 is now attached to the first post in this thread with the following changes:

-Added a third method to add extensions to the remaster (original 2 methods were to include extensions outside the initrd or to include them inside the initrd).   The new third option, "Extract TCZ in to initrd", is to install extensions by copying the extension files into the initrd by mounting the extension and copying all extension files to the extracted initrd filesystem, so that the resulting remaster doesn't have extensions to load at boot as the extensions are integrated in to the initrd.  Extensions are extracted in to the initrd in the correct dependency order, and if the TCZ has a /usr/local/tce.installed/appname startup script the program supports 3 options on how to handle these:  1: Run the TCZ startup scripts in a chroot environment during the remaster, 2:  Add TCZ startup scripts to the /opt/bootlocal.sh file, or 3: Ignore startup scripts. 
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 10:10:08 PM by ixbrian »