Tiny Core Extensions > TCE 3.x

Xorg 7.5

<< < (14/15) > >>

curaga:
No, unless you happen to have one of the older Matrox cards.

The normal framebuffer has no support (clone mode happens automatically IIRC, but I think you mean proper multi-screen). The matrox fb has card-specific dual head support.

KMS framebuffer can in theory do multiple screens, but no code exists so far, and the devs' opinion is that this feature is very low priority.

jur:

--- Quote from: curaga on January 03, 2011, 01:24:46 AM ---Some status rambling for those interested.

I'm aware 7.6 is out. However, 7.6 has started to depend on xcb, which would force bloat both on the base and the Xorg extension.

--- End quote ---
How does this statement stand in the light of this statement:

--- Quote ---Small platforms: Xlib is a large piece of code, and it is difficult to make it smaller.
--- End quote ---
( from the xcb website, given as one of the reasons for going to xcb instead of Xlibs?

hiro:
I don't know anything about Xorg and friends, but from what I read xcb aims to be backward compatible and uses lots of XML files. Form your own opinion...

curaga:

--- Quote from: jur on January 03, 2011, 02:17:56 PM ---How does this statement stand in the light of this statement:

--- Quote ---Small platforms: Xlib is a large piece of code, and it is difficult to make it smaller.
--- End quote ---
( from the xcb website, given as one of the reasons for going to xcb instead of Xlibs?

--- End quote ---

XCB is an additional ~23 libs not needed before. It doesn't decrease total size in any way, it's an increase.

hiro:

--- Quote from: curaga on January 03, 2011, 09:12:33 AM ---No, unless you happen to have one of the older Matrox cards.

The normal framebuffer has no support (clone mode happens automatically IIRC, but I think you mean proper multi-screen). The matrox fb has card-specific dual head support.

KMS framebuffer can in theory do multiple screens, but no code exists so far, and the devs' opinion is that this feature is very low priority.

--- End quote ---

So how do all these linux embedded devices solve the problem?

I just heard about opengl es...?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version