Tiny Core Extensions > TCE 3.x

Xorg 7.5

<< < (2/15) > >>

curaga:

--- Quote from: Arslan S. on June 07, 2010, 06:06:02 AM ---are you planning to adjust all dep files ?
Xorg-7.4 --> Xorg-7.5
Xorg-7.4-dev --> Xorg-7.5-dev
Xlibs_support --> Xorg-7.5-lib

--- End quote ---

Only the last two, after a couple of days. For the first one, as extensions are rebuilt against 7.5 the makers can adjust the deps.

Arslan S.:

--- Quote from: curaga on June 07, 2010, 06:51:59 AM ---Only the last two, after a couple of days. For the first one, as extensions are rebuilt against 7.5 the makers can adjust the deps.

--- End quote ---

is rebuilding really needed ? i have tested a few extensions no problem so far, extensions tested are :
nvidia-glx, dreamchess, gnome-desktop-base

edit: more tests: compiz-base, compiz-gnome, all ok

curaga:
Possibly not, but instead of forcing the change it's better to let it come naturally. Also lessening some deps, if 3d is not necessary Xorg-7.5-lib might be enough.

At least the Nvidia driver should be rebuilt, for as a Xorg driver running against a different server might cause undefined behavior.
edit: or you could have one for 7.4 and one for 7.5, as both can be used in 3.x.

Arslan S.:
nvidia has no source to build except kernel interface layer

why not just convert everything and only rebuild extensions that really needs it ?

otherwise one may mess up with Xorg-7.4 and Xorg-7.5 installed at the same time :)

btw i have Xorg-7.5 and nvidia-glx installed but i didn't load Xorg-7.5-3d, what is really in it, some open source drivers ?

bmarkus:
There were applications, like Google Earth did not work with Xorg 7.4 on Intel Graphic chips, 915, 945, ...

With Xorg 7.5 Google Earth is running fine with 945 on my notebook. Great !  :-*

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version