WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: How to save the extension  (Read 7466 times)

Offline freeman

How to save the extension
« on: May 27, 2010, 12:07:49 AM »
Hi, all,
I'm a green man for tiny core linux, I download the TCL 3.0 and run it on VM,
when I download some extensions by appbrowser, they are saved in /tmp/tce/optional and also I can put a USB disk and copy these tcz files to /mnt/sda/xxx.

My problems are:

1: if I reboot TCL, all the extensions in /tmp/tce/optional were gone, how can I use these extensions on usb disk after next reboot and loaded by auto?

2: Can I packge the core to ISO file togther with the extensions that I download?

I am not an expert for linux, please tell me more clearly. thanks a lot!

Offline thane

Re: How to save the extension
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2010, 12:20:33 AM »
A couple of points:

TCL 3.0 is an alpha release only. It's still being tested and changed by the developers. TCL 2.11.1 is the current stable release.

I've never used a VM or USB disk. I save extensions on a USB stick though. If I boot with the stick plugged in using bootcode tce=sda1, on the first boot TCL will create a tce directory on the stick automatically, and the appbrowser will put extensions in the Optional directory under that. On subsequent boots TCL will find the tce directory and load the extensions. I think the same thing might work for you.

Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 12:34:13 AM by thane »

Offline freeman

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2010, 12:39:04 AM »
thank you for your help,

I download the TCL as a ISO file, so I mount it on VM to have a look. if I install it on a USB stick, it also can boot well but can not connect to internet.

I do have to fix some extensions such as a wifi manager or driver for net card to make sure the usb system can download extensions later,  how can i custom the system for usb stick?

Offline thane

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2010, 01:12:12 AM »
Sorry, I've never tried to setup a wireless system. There's a wiki about it here:

http://wiki.tinycorelinux.com/tiki-index.php?page=Setting+up+Wifi

Offline freeman

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2010, 02:47:53 AM »
anyhow, thank you!

I already install the extensions on my USB disk.

step1: run the iso file in VM, download the extentions (prel5.tcz, syslinux.tcz, dosfstools-3.tcz) by share the host IP

step2: insert the usb disk and run "usb install" in cpanel to make a bootble usb hdd

step3: continu to download other extentions as I want.

step4: copy or move these extentions from /tmp/tce/optional/ to /mnt/sdb1/tce/optional/

step5: reboot the computer by usb stick, after TCL done, run "Apps Audit" in cpanel to set which extention(s) need to load while TCL is booting.

step6: reboot computer, extentions load by themselvs.

------------------------------------------

But now, how to change the wbar such as add a own extention's icon, any sugustions?

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2010, 02:54:39 AM »
But now, how to change the wbar such as add a own extention's icon, any sugustions?

If the extension has an icon included, wbar should display it.