Tiny Core Base > TCB Talk

TC install-root terminal?(slvd) Now-bzimage not found.(slvd)

(1/2) > >>

damarious25:
hey. I'm installing TC and I'm hitting a wall at how to activate sudo? I followed the install guide but #2 "open root shell", well, my right click doesn't bring up the same menu. I have the latest TC.

I think mine has xkill at the bottom instead of logout.

I'm a noob at linux but I ran through the install process using "sudo" but may have forgot on a step or two. now grub won't load properly.

anyways, the guide is easy and I love it. I just feel like an idiot for having to ask how to access sudo...

maro:
Don't be to hard on yourself!! There was a (cosmetic) change in TC 2.11 and so the documentation (and the screen shot) are not up to date. You'll achieve the same by opening a "normal" Terminal and using a command like sudo sh (or sudo su) to get to a "Root shell".

Note: The change in TC 2.11 was actually not purely cosmetic and will bear more positive consequences moving forward. But it had the side effect of previous screen shots etc. to be now potentially "incorrect".

thane:
After damarious25's post I was puzzling over the shell change myself. Thanks for the clarification.

damarious25:
thanks for the help so far! 'sudo su' worked fine :-)

having another problem though.

grub loads and tiny core is an option but I get this error:

--- Code: ---Booting 'tinycore'
Kernel /boot/bzimage quiet
Error 15: File not found
Press any key to continue

--- End code ---

I did follow the instructions word for word but I'm not techy enough to try and find the solution for this on my own.

On another note, I've successfully installed slackware a few times in the past so cfdisk wasn't new to me (thank god). During the install I got an error trying to mount hda1 for the first time. I realized hdb was just formatted and had no partition so I put a logical partition on it and mounting worked fine after that. Not sure if thats a normal thing or not, I just found it interesting.

curaga:
The kernel is named bzImage, with a capital i; likely missed that in menu.lst.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version