WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: A very simple newbie question about searching extensions  (Read 2129 times)

Offline Outlaw_RamRod

A very simple newbie question about searching extensions
« on: April 28, 2010, 03:39:50 AM »
Hi, 

I just got TC installed on an old Dell PIII laptop.  TC is magic!  Congratulations to everyone who supports this project. 

I am looking for screen which doesn't seem to be installed on the system yet.  I can't seem to find an extension "screen.tgz."  Is there a simple way to search the extensions to see what each supplies.  For example, yesterday I tried to find the ssh client and ended up installing the ssh-fuse extension to get it.  That was obvious to me but I don't know where to look for screen.

Any help would be appreciated.

Rod

Offline curaga

• Administrator
Re: A very simple newbie question about searching extensions
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 03:47:15 AM »
- there is screen.tcz, perhaps you use a slower-syncing mirror?
- in appbrowser, click on the search button to change it to "provides" -> now searches go to the extension file lists.
The only barriers that can stop you are the ones you create yourself.

Offline Outlaw_RamRod

Re: A very simple newbie question about searching extensions
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2010, 04:00:41 AM »
curaga,

Thanks for the speedy reply.

I closed the appbrowser then reopened it and screen.tcz was in the list.  Don't know what happened but it got the job done.  Also thanks for the heads up on the search.  So far I am really impressed by TC.  Without a doubt this is the best distro (fastest and most complete) I have ever used on this PIII.