WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: opera10 runs top level full screen  (Read 1539 times)

Offline bigpcman

opera10 runs top level full screen
« on: April 23, 2010, 04:55:35 PM »
tested tc2.11r1&r2

I'm not sure if this is intended behavior but after installing opera10 it runs full screen at the top level with no flwm "window" present and covers up wbar.

Great for a  a kiosk mode of operation.
big pc man

Offline maro

Re: opera10 runs top level full screen
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2010, 11:54:10 PM »
As much as I can remember the window for Opera10 has always been a bit "oversized" when using FLWM. That does not appear to be new for TC 2.11rcX and IIRC has been reported before.

I guess in the initial "negotiation" between Opera10 and FLWM something goes wrong, insofar that the window size and position in my case gets saved with the following values:
Code: [Select]
tc@box:~$ grep 'Browser Window' ~/.opera/operaprefs.ini
Browser Window=-3,-18,1024,768,0
The consequence appears to be that the window bar is outside the visible screen (-3,-18 ??)

When using 'opera.tcz' (i.e. v9.64) the respective information is different:
Code: [Select]
tc@box:~$ grep 'Browser Window' ~/.opera/opera6.ini
Browser Window=-1,-1,1017,746,0

If one would have used a different WM (e.g. 'jwm') during this first time Opera10 was run, the information would have been different again (e.g. Browser Window=0,0,1016,748,2). In in all the other cases the window bar would have been "inside the screen".

So I guess if one does not like this one could either change the windows size with the "special keys" for FLWM (e.g. Ctrl-Alt-s and Ctrl-Alt-,) or you could alter the respective line in '~/.opera/operaprefs.ini'.

Offline roberts

• Administrator
  • Founder Emeritus
Re: opera10 runs top level full screen
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2010, 01:00:31 AM »
Ctrl-Alt-m is another quick way to adjust oversized screens in flwm.
10+ Years Contributing to Linux Open Source Projects.