Tiny Core Base > TCB Talk

Gah! Simple Problem

(1/4) > >>

jimmyd:
I downloaded TC and installed. However, I cannot get the Appbrowser to work. I connect the Ethernet cable and my router assigns an IP via DHCP. I can both ping and run a traceroute to Yahoo.com servers. So the connection is live. But Appbrowser throws a "connection error, check network". ???

Any help?

OldAdamUser2:
Try using the Panel to toggle DHCP or to play with the settings in netcardconfig.

maro:
Do you have a HTTP proxy somewhere on the way? I guess a simple wget $(cat /opt/tcemirror) will help you troubleshooting the connection to your currently selected mirror. To change the mirror use "Control Panel" -> "Select Mirror".

jimmyd:

--- Quote from: OldAdamUser2 on April 12, 2010, 05:49:54 PM ---Try using the Panel to toggle DHCP or to play with the settings in netcardconfig.

--- End quote ---

Yes, I did that and I couldn't get a setting to work.

I forgot to mention that that I was able to download a file successfully use wget. So it's not a networking connection problem.

edit: wget $(cat /opt/tcemirror that command throws an error "bad addess: 'distro.ibiblio.org'

maro:
Providing I can read the source code correctly, this error message should only appear when /usr/bin/tce-fetch.sh info.lst.gz is failing.

You could try this from the command line and (providing it downloads the file correctly) give 'appbrowser' another chance.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version