WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: TinyCore for all - Remastering and Flavors  (Read 9496 times)

Offline jls

Re: TinyCore for all - Remastering and Flavors
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2010, 10:48:56 AM »
I boot from CD and save to USB stick (this box doesn't allow USB boot and has a dead hard drive). I probably will try re-mastering to CD at some point, although I like the flexibility of having the extensions on USB.
If your pc has got a floppy drive u can try plop boot manager for usb boot.
I found it in the slitaz boot floppy
dCore user

Offline thane

« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2010, 01:19:13 PM »
Yes, a number of people have suggested trying plop. I'd put it off partly out of laziness and because I'd anticipated getting a newer box that could boot off USB. Since the newer box hasn't materialized I may have to overcome the laziness and give it a shot.

Offline tclfan

« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2010, 06:08:38 AM »
These posts just further emphasize the importance of easy remastering TinyCore CD...
Resorting to workarounds and having to go back to floppy boot are just a few examples here how many ideas were created to circumvent the deficiency of badly needed easy remastering of TinyCore CD, so everything is in one place...

Offline sandras

« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2010, 11:04:57 AM »
If we are talking about an easy remastering TinyCore CD. This doesn't seem so difficult if we are talking about remastering TC CD as in adding extensions to CD. Basically TC would have to have cdrecord integrated and a script and a front end installed that would prompt the user before exiting if to re-record TC to the CD but with the tcz's this time. Just checked - the cdrtools.tcz alone is 1.9M. Dont know if it could be stripped down.

Offline tinypoodle

« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2011, 01:36:08 PM »
Just checked - the cdrtools.tcz alone is 1.9M. Dont know if it could be stripped down.

You might want to have a look at libburn.tcz as an alternative, which is 156KB.
"Software gets slower faster than hardware gets faster." Niklaus Wirth - A Plea for Lean Software (1995)