WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: extension requests: mutt and calcurse  (Read 2648 times)

Offline tayloratosu

extension requests: mutt and calcurse
« on: March 10, 2010, 09:30:13 AM »
I scanned the forums for any mention of the mutt e-mail client, and I guess I was a little surprised when I didn't get any results.  It seems like such a natural fit for TC.  Did I miss something?

Anyway, I'd like to request a mutt extension, and due to the way my work e-mail is set up, I'd like to see it compiled to include IMAP and SSL/TLS support.  I imagine this would require libssl.  And since mutt doesn't support smtp by itself, I guess someone would need to compile an SMTP handler like sendmail, postfix, or msmtp.

Also, I have really come to like calcurse and would like to see a calcurse extension as well.  It's a nifty little console-based calendar/todo app, which supports ICS file import/export, calendar printing (via pcal) and configurable notification options (I use xmessage).  Would probably require libncurses, but not much more than that, I think, although pcal would be nice for printing calendars.

Thanks.

Doug

Offline bmarkus

• Administrator
    • My Community Forum
Re: extension requests: mutt and calcurse
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2010, 12:22:27 AM »
I scanned the forums for any mention of the mutt e-mail client, and I guess I was a little surprised when I didn't get any results.  It seems like such a natural fit for TC.  Did I miss something?

Anyway, I'd like to request a mutt extension, and due to the way my work e-mail is set up, I'd like to see it compiled to include IMAP and SSL/TLS support.  I imagine this would require libssl.  And since mutt doesn't support smtp by itself, I guess someone would need to compile an SMTP handler like sendmail, postfix, or msmtp.

Just built mutt extension. Will be submitted after testing. BTW, alpine is there in the repo since a long time which is also a text based email client.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 12:23:58 AM by bmarkus »
Béla
Ham Radio callsign: HA5DI

"Amateur Radio: The First Technology-Based Social Network."

Offline tayloratosu

Re: extension requests: mutt and calcurse
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2010, 09:44:40 AM »
Thanks.