Tiny Core Base > TCB Q&A Forum

SOLVED Hard Drive Recognition

(1/1)

cfatls:
Hello,

I´m a prevoius wondows user and linux newbie who was drawn to tinycore due to the fact that it has complete ease of use and you can get a running system with no previous knowledge of linux. However, that itself has been a limitation. I have several "tiny" issues that I have no idea how to work around, and was hoping to find help here.

Here it goes:

1)Tiny Core can´t seem to "recognize" or mount my hard drive.
It´s a hitachi HDT725050VLA SCI disk device. It's an NTFS partition.
It can only mount my imation 512 mb usb drive (Fat32).

2) Can´t get the full resolution  (1440*900) of my LG W1934S monitor to work. Do i need to download any app to make it work?

3) The boot code tce=hdXY dosen´t seem to work. Since the system only recognizes my flash drive, i tried to have the directory created in it. The system recognizes my drive as sdb1. Apparently, its not possible to do it. Same goes for home=hdXY. I tried using home=sdb1 and did not work.

Any help or constructive criticism is welcome.  

Thanks in advance

Juanito:

--- Quote from: cfatls on March 13, 2010, 07:03:48 PM ---1)Tiny Core can´t seem to "recognize" or mount my hard drive.
It´s a hitachi HDT725050VLA SCI disk device. It's an NTFS partition.
It can only mount my imation 512 mb usb drive (Fat32).

--- End quote ---
Is it an scsi disk drive? If so what scsi adapter does it use? You may need to use something like the aic7xxx-2.6.29.1 extension to get access to scsi hd

--- Quote ---2) Can´t get the full resolution  (1440*900) of my LG W1934S monitor to work. Do i need to download any app to make it work?

--- End quote ---
What graphics adapter does your machine have? You might need to use the Xorg extension to get this resolution

cfatls:
Yes, my drive is scsi.
I don´t know what type of adapter it uses.

As far as graphics go, do I just need to download the xorg extension and use it? I tried it but it doesn't show up on the menu. How do i use it? Please forgive me, i'm completely new to this.

Thanks for your reply.

Juanito:
Hoping that your scsi and graphics cards are pci peripherals, could you install the pci-utils extension using the appbrowser and then open a terminal window, run the command "lspci" and post the result here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version