Tiny Core Base > TCB Talk

How to make GPRS internet

(1/1)

arslan:
Hi all! Booted TCL on my acer aspire one 110 for the first time. I have no any type of internet except GPRS via Nokia 6233. Can I make internet with this? Or I need only wire internet?? :-(

curaga:
Should be able to. Pppd for the actual connection, and possibly something else depending on how you connect to your phone (usb, serial, irda, bluetooth?).

Onyarian:
I have an Aspire One too.
Now I make the conection with a 3g-usb, but six months ago I was doing the gprs connection with a SonyEricsson mobil as what you want to do.
I have some scripts to do it. I will look of finding them and will enclose them to you.

pema:
I think there might be dependencies for pppd in a clean version of latest tcl(2.9), there are no listed for pppd but I cant get pppd kicking. Should be possible getting a connection by installing pppd package and pppsetup(pppsetup + dep), but something is missing, didnt put more effort to it myself, maybe symlinks modem-usbmodem ?, went back to wattos. Good luck. By the way, the pppsetup is crippled to only recognize ttys0-ttys3 and limited to max speed 460300, the alternatives should be ttyUSB0-4 and ttyACM0-4 (cell phone on usb is mostly detected as /dev/ttyACM0) and no limitations for speed, it is easy editing the scripts though in the etc/ppp/. As mentioned, good luck. Let us know if you fix it and we will parasite your work.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version