WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Boot option "base" and /opt/tce  (Read 6418 times)

Offline danielibarnes

Re: Boot option "base" and /opt/tce
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2010, 10:40:55 AM »
Yes, flavors are exactly what I was thinking. For TC, I think of the flavor as an additional modifier, e.g. "Tiny VMware Core" and "Micro VMware Core" although I've not used that terminology. Perhaps we can formalize it and publish ready-made ISOs like SliTaz does.

Offline tclfan

« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2010, 02:03:07 PM »
This would make life much easier for many. I would be looking forward to these...
E.g. I think someone here offered to produce pre-configured VirtualBox and VMware TCL machines but I do not see them yet... I will have to do it myself as soon as time permits, but such pre-composed images would save lots of time for many!

Offline danielibarnes

« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2010, 02:25:50 PM »
Do you mean Virtualbox and VMware server on TC? I haven't updated my VMware image to 2.7 yet, but the link to my 2.6 remaster is here

Offline tclfan

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2010, 05:41:58 AM »
Yes, I remember that thread. Is this still work in progress or have you accomplished the end product by now? The thread was left with VM tools integration not working yet, such as mouse integration, etc...and you planned to continue working on this...

Offline danielibarnes

« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2010, 03:59:47 PM »
I have the January release of open-vm-tools building properly now. I'll need to do some testing of the mouse and copy/paste integration then submit the extensions. If it coincides with the TC 2.9 release I'll update my remastered iso using 2.9.

Offline danielibarnes

« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2010, 02:52:47 PM »
I have mouse and copy/paste integration working now! I will submit the extension soon.