WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: gphoto2  (Read 2523 times)

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
gphoto2
« on: December 26, 2009, 06:40:58 AM »
gphoto2 had libtool as a dep - since I just reposted libtool and libltdl, I added libltdl as a dep to gphoto2 (the libtool extension previously contained libltdl).

I suspect gphoto2 only requires libltdl as a dep and not libtool, but to be verified.

Edit: this probably also applies to libgphoto2
« Last Edit: December 26, 2009, 06:44:14 AM by Juanito »

Offline danielibarnes

Re: gphoto2
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2010, 04:12:13 PM »
I just tried building libgphoto2, but it fails to find libltdl even though libtool and libtool-dev are loaded. Perhaps I need a libltdl-dev?

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2010, 10:22:23 PM »
Ah - yes, that might well be the case. Let me have a look.

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2010, 12:01:39 AM »
The dev files for libltdl are in libtool-dev, but there is no pkg-config file for libltdl (either libtool does not provide one or "make install" does not copy it over) - maybe that's the problem?

Edit: I checked the source tarball and "make" does not produce any .pc files - perhaps you could try setting appropriate flags for gphoto or making your own .pc file based on one used in other -dev extensions?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 12:18:57 AM by Juanito »

Offline danielibarnes

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2010, 09:16:23 AM »
You are right, there are no .pc files in libtool. I investigated further, and I noticed the libgphoto2 configure script compiles a small C program to test for libltdl. It turns out the error was mine. I build my extensions in a chroot environment. I mistakenly omitted libltdl from the list of extensions to load before building. Once I found that and included it, libgphoto2 built properly.

Thanks!