WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: boot code for boot codes iin a file (bc=/xyz/boot_codes)  (Read 2004 times)

Offline bigpcman

boot code for boot codes iin a file (bc=/xyz/boot_codes)
« on: January 20, 2010, 09:27:33 AM »
Robert and team tc, do you think it would be possible at some point to implement a boot code that instructs the boot process to obtain the boot codes from a specific file?

I like to run several tc environments on a single machine - test, webserver and desktop. For instance I run a test environment that boots up a unique set of extensions and uses a separate tce directory so as not to screw up my working system. I end up having to change the grub boot entry or directly enter the boot codes more often than I would like. I end up making mistakes since the entries can be quite long with so many boot codes. For instance it would be nice to have three files with simple names that could be used as the source of the boot codes for three different environments.

Perhaps there is already a way to do this? Just thinking out loud.

edit: I know multiple grub boot entries can be used with each one specifying unique boot code entries. I use this technique from time to time. However, many times I'm not using grub.   
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 11:14:34 AM by bigpcman »
big pc man