WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: rhythmbox will not load  (Read 3889 times)

Offline sam0010

rhythmbox will not load
« on: December 28, 2009, 06:55:26 PM »
On my harddrive installation of TC on a Pentium III, rhythmbox will not load.  In a terminal I get: error while loading shared libraries: libsoup-2.4.so.1:  cannot open shared object file: no such file or directory.  In virtualbox on a HP Pavilion I had no problems.  I installed rhythmbox twice. Thanks for any help.

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
Re: rhythmbox will not load
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2009, 07:35:05 AM »
libsoup-gnome was updated a couple of days ago and now has eggdbus and libgnome-keyring as deps - I updated the dep file for rhythmbox yesterday, but all you need in addition are these two extensions.

Offline sam0010

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2009, 09:00:27 AM »
Thanks for replying Juanito.   However,  I get the same error.  Rhythmbox will not load.

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2009, 09:09:26 AM »
To be sure that the updated extensions are replaced, it might be a good idea to download libsoup, libsoup-gnome, eggdbus and libgnome-keyring.

If this still doesn't work, could you try to start rhythmbox from a terminal window and  post the error messages here.

Offline sam0010

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2009, 09:35:53 AM »
Thanks again Jaunito.  I deleted Rhythmbox and reinstalled it.  the error I got in terminal is: error while loading shared libraries: libsoup-2.4.so.1: cannot open shared object file: no such file or directory.  I did not know how to replace files with the downloaded versions.

Offline Arslan S.

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2009, 01:04:08 PM »
libsoup installed and cant find shared object?
did you try "sudo ldconfig" ?
this might be case if tiny core version is less than 2.7

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2009, 02:41:34 PM »
You would get this error if the libsoup extension is missing.

Where are rhythmbox and all of the extensions listed in rhythmbox.tcz.dep on your system, in /tce?

Offline roberts

• Administrator
  • Founder Emeritus
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2009, 03:34:48 PM »
You can check for missing dependencies with appsaudit. Run appsaudit, build database,
Display all with missing dependencies.
If this is a version prior to 2.7 you will need tce-notify.tcz check your version by typing version
10+ Years Contributing to Linux Open Source Projects.

Offline sam0010

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2009, 02:54:31 PM »
Thanks for replying Juanito and Roberts.   All my extensions are in /mnt/hde2/tce;  rhythmbox.tcz, rhythmbox.tcz.dep, and libsoup-gnome.tcz.  I don't know how to list the contents of rhythmbox.tcz.dep.
When I open appsaudit, I was missing bzip2-lib.tcz.  I downloaded it and rebooted.  I open appsaudit again and was missing hwmon-2.6.29.1-tinycore.tcz. I installed the missing dependency reboot and now using appsaudit I have no missing dependencies. But, comparing the list in /tce to   the list in appbrowser for rhythmbox I was missing gst-plugin-bad and gst-plugin-ugly. Gst-plugin-bad installed ok.  Gst-plugin-ugly installed with error: mount: cannot setup loop device: no such file or directory.  For ryhthmbox In terminal now I get: error while loading shared libraries: librhythmbox-core.so.0: cannot open shared object file or directory.
After rebooting I am getting the same error as my first post!  Thanks for any help.

« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 03:13:30 PM by sam0010 »

Offline roberts

• Administrator
  • Founder Emeritus
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2009, 03:34:23 PM »
How many apps are you loading?
If out of loops see http://www.tinycorelinux.com/faq.html#loops to increase number of loop devices.
10+ Years Contributing to Linux Open Source Projects.

Offline bmarkus

• Administrator
    • My Community Forum
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2009, 10:18:45 PM »
How many apps are you loading?
If out of loops see http://www.tinycorelinux.com/faq.html#loops to increase number of loop devices.

Or copy extensions to RAM instead of mounting.
Béla
Ham Radio callsign: HA5DI

"Amateur Radio: The First Technology-Based Social Network."

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2009, 10:38:45 PM »
...I don't know how to list the contents of rhythmbox.tcz.dep.

For reference, you can find it here http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/tinycorelinux/2.x/tcz/rhythmbox.tcz.dep

Offline sam0010

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2010, 08:24:54 AM »
Somewhat solved.  If I download libgsf.tcz first then rhythmbox   will download. It will play a song but only for a sec!     To checkout my sound setup I have installed VLC.  It runs perfectly.

Offline sam0010

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2010, 08:15:24 AM »
Update.  Rhythmbox runs!  It looks like I have to run alsaconf and alsamixer on every boot.