WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: mc 2.7, evilwm.tcz and flash  (Read 2511 times)

Offline alu

mc 2.7, evilwm.tcz and flash
« on: December 28, 2009, 11:13:45 PM »
when i am running shiretoko with flash for the first time in my session, it freezes the behavior of evilwm: it is then no more possible to switch from a workspace to another one, to open a window or to close open windows; i have to kill x, to startx again in order for evilwm to behave normally. This only happens each first time when i am starting a web browser with flash installed.

Offline alu

Re: mc 2.7, evilwm.tcz and flash
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2009, 10:07:33 AM »
the problem seems to be unrelated to flash, because it persists when i load another extension (as f.ex. xpdf); evilwm freezes, and i have to restart x in order to be able to switch from workspace to wspce or to open a window...

Offline robc

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2009, 10:11:24 AM »
Is this only with 2.7 and not with 2.6 or earlier?
Does this only happen with extensions with icons or with any extension?
"Never give up! Never surrender!" - Commander Peter Quincy Taggart

"Make it so." - Captain Picard

Offline alu

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2009, 12:42:54 AM »
only with 2.7, i had 2.6.1 before and not such a problem; it happens with all non-cli extensions mounted within evilwm; i have checked my .profile and my .xsession files in order to see if the problem was related to them, but my .profile and .xsession files are ok.

Offline robc

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2009, 12:29:36 PM »
There is a bug with evilwm 1.0.0 where the window focus gets lost when closing applications. It doesn't look like that bug was fixed in 1.0.1, the source for 1.1.0pre8 doesn't show the fix I found for it.

I'm not sure if what I am seeing is the same as what you are seeing. The bug I am seeing is evilwm is killed when a window is closed. I'm not seeing any problems when opening windows.

If you have wbar running, can you open an xterm window? if so what does `pidof evilwm` return?
Can you check to see if this is happening when a window is opened or when one is closed?

Also, I am seeing that evilwm_restart is not restarting evilwm. It is just being killed.
`cat /usr/local/bin/evilwm_restart`:
Code: [Select]
#!/bin/sh
WMPID=$(pidof evilwm) && kill -s SIGUSR2 "$WMPID"
"Never give up! Never surrender!" - Commander Peter Quincy Taggart

"Make it so." - Captain Picard

Offline alu

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2009, 12:48:39 PM »
i am running evilwm without wbar, and i did a pidof evilwm returning '9933'; then i started opera10.tcz with flash, everything freezes, and i wasn't able to do anything but kill x and restart x; i did a pidof evilwm after that, and i have got 11795, what is, i think, normal. I don't understand this bug too...

Offline alu

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2010, 12:16:49 PM »
robc, it's my backup causing issues with evilwm; i have run it with 2.8 rc2 base norestore, and evilwm behaves as it should; thanks anyway