WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: 2.6 tcz extension compiling guidelines?  (Read 1418 times)

Offline dentonlt

• the trombone analog
2.6 tcz extension compiling guidelines?
« on: December 13, 2009, 01:49:23 PM »
I see bmarkus started editing the wiki, but I guess that's still not done.

I'm happy to help out if I can find out:

• Is there an tradition on separating localization info?
  • Is there a tradition on separating help/info files?
  • Official 'break point' between tce and tcz is ... tc 2.4? (no more tce's at/after 2.4?)

I've finished up libgtop, but won't submit yet - lots of localization and gtk help files. I'll look at other submissions for ideas on how to separate them.

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
Re: 2.6 tcz extension compiling guidelines?
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2009, 02:09:36 PM »
It is customary to seperate locale data into a -locale.tcz extension.  As for docs and man pages, they are preferably either removed or separated into a -doc.tcz extension to save space.  I have always just deleted docs and man pages as they are plenty available on a package's project pate, but placing them in a -doc extension does keep with the spirit of making the whole package available for those that may want it, and may be installing or using the packages on a machine not connected to the web. 

TC 2.4.1 had dropped access to the tce repo, though support for loading them continued.  But tce extensions should not be submitted as it is a deprecated format. 

Offline ^thehatsrule^

• Administrator
Re: 2.6 tcz extension compiling guidelines?
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2009, 04:12:10 PM »
On the subject of .tce's:
- in a few cases it may be simpler/easier to create a .tce then use tce2tcz
- it may be convenient for the user to make a .tce because all the tools are in the base