WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: k3b startup warnings  (Read 1639 times)

Offline wdef

k3b startup warnings
« on: November 06, 2009, 11:47:05 PM »
Wondering if other people get these messages on starting k3b.  Nothing about it in the info file.

The first just requires write access to /dev/hdb, fixed.

What is recommended about these others?  libmad is installed. Is libk3b-mp3 included in the extension?

Mp3 Audio Decoder plugin not found.
K3b could not load or find the Mp3 decoder plugin. This means that you will not be able to create Audio CDs from Mp3 files. Many Linux distributions do not include Mp3 support for legal reasons.
Solution: To enable Mp3 support, please install the MAD Mp3 decoding library as well as the K3b MAD Mp3 decoder plugin (the latter may already be installed but not functional due to the missing libmad). Some distributions allow installation of Mp3 support via an online update tool (i.e. SuSE's YOU).

System locale charset is ANSI_X3.4-1968
Your system's locale charset (i.e. the charset used to encode filenames) is set to ANSI_X3.4-1968. It is highly unlikely that this has been done intentionally. Most likely the locale is not set at all. An invalid setting will result in problems when creating data projects.
Solution: To properly set the locale charset make sure the LC_* environment variables are set. Normally the distribution setup tools take care of this.

Thanks

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
Re: k3b startup warnings
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2009, 11:21:56 AM »
I will look into it when I get back to my test machine.

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
Re: k3b startup warnings
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2009, 02:32:06 PM »
I see the libmad warning though libmad is installed and the mp3 plugin for k3b is also installed.  I have only used k3b to burn cd's with in the past to I have not tried doing mp3 stuff with it. yet.