General TC > General TC Talk

mysql error message

(1/3) > >>

bigpcman:
I'm getting closer. I've been moving my web server over to TC little by little. As a side note I have discovered that I can use the TC opt directory in dsl 4.4 with just a few menu error messages on boot. This is good because I can switch back and forth between TC and DSL quickly. The opt directory has the complete lamp web server in it. I now have apache running fine but my phpbb3 installation won't run in TC. I get the following error message:

SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/opt/lampp/var/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) [2002]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.

It runs fine in DSL. Any ideas?

^thehatsrule^:
Did you try anything yet?  An example search result: http://ubuntuforums.org/archive/index.php/t-276470.html

bigpcman:
Thanks for the link. As is the case with many others in the thread the problem is that the sock file is not being created. It looks like a permissions problem to me. But the sql server service is running as root so what can prevent it from creating the sock file.

I have been trying to discover the difference between stock dsl 4.4 and tc. DSl 4.4 using the exact same opt/lampp directory runs fine. All web applications work. In tc the sock file is not created and other problems like the lang file can't be created. it's as if /opt/lampp/var is not writeable by mysqlserver root user service.

edit: I'm beginning to think something is going wrong with bash since it is the common denominator in the failure to create all the mysql temporary files. I wonder if somehow it is running as the wrong user or with the wrong permissions.

bigpcman:
Well I've tried the obvious stuff as suggested in the help thread.
bind address 127.0.0.1 in my.cnf
server name 127.0.0.1 in httpd.conf
created the mysql.sock file manually with changed owership.

None of that fixed the problem.

I did notice that many (most alll) of the files in the lampp directory that are supposed to be user nobody group staff are changed to user 65534. This could be the root of the problem. When I boot up in dsl these same files are user nobody group staff which is what apache expects.

I'm running out of ideas here folks any help would be appreciated.

^thehatsrule^:
Did you try to create the group?

It may be better to get a version just for TC though...

note: moving this thread since it doesn't have to do with the base

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version