Tiny Core Extensions > TCE Q&A Forum

[SOLVED] How do I start 'mocp' at login?

(1/2) > >>

PingPing:
I want to boot microcore so that the command:

mocp -m /mnt/sdb1/music

is executed at the very end of the boot process (ie. after autologin) so that microcore becomes a defacto jukebox for me.

I've tried puting the above command into /opt/bootlocal.sh or ~/.profile but both methods end with failure.
Is there anyway I can do it?

I'm running microcore 2.3.1.

4-stroke:
Does moc work at all for you? There has been some problems with moc so make sure you have the latest version.

curaga:
Hm, maybe ~/.ashrc?

mikshaw:
Does mocp run well in console/terminal when you start it manually?

Is sdb1 a usb device, and if so is it being detected and mounted in time to be used?

Is your system still set up to startx X automatically?  There may be a conflict in that case, since mocp tries to create a curses interface by default.  Try mocp -S -m /mnt/sdb1/music, to start it without the gui.

PingPing:
I have it working now.
I have:

sleep 1 && alsactl restore && /usr/local/bin/mocp -m /mnt/sdb1/music

in ~/.profile.
I found I needed the 1 second for things to settle down otherwise I had complaints that alsactl couldn't find any soundcards.
I've saved my alsamixer configuration in /etc/asound.state file and it's included in /opt/.filetool.lst so that it survives a reboot.
Everything is working now.  <2.5% CPU usage on my Atom CPU, <60MB of RAM used when playing .mp3s and <11MB of disc space (excluding my .mp3 library).

:D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version