Something's still weird. Sometimes command line installs aren't getting into /tce.installed, other times they are. This example shows the files installed, the extension loaded to my tce dir, but no listing in
/tce.installed. I tried the same with xonclock, and it was fine. Last time I tried with actkbd, it wasn't in my tce directory either, although the files were present.
tc@box:~$ tce-load -i -w actkbd.tcz
touch: /usr/local/tce.installed/actkbd: Permission denied
tc@box:~$ find /usr/local/tce.installed/actkbd
find: /usr/local/tce.installed/actkbd: No such file or directory
tc@box:~$ find /usr/local/sbin/actkbd
tc@box:~$ find /mnt/hda1/tcZ2/actkbd.tcz