Author Topic: appsaudit problem  (Read 1682 times)

Offline jls

appsaudit problem
« on: September 09, 2009, 04:39:36 PM »
let's say I marked for deletion an extension which depends on another, then I mark for deletion this other, appsaudit refuses, but this is wrong cause the first extension I marked 4 deletion was the only one depending on the second extension.
dCore user

Offline roberts

• Administrator
  • Founder Emeritus
Re: appsaudit problem
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2009, 06:29:55 PM »
Each application should have their own spearation .dep list. If there is nested dependencies then it will take several iterations. What you see as undeleted may still 'depend' upon can be seen by the supplied reports.

Still there is much clean up that needs to be addressed with the .dep lists.I often see such reporting in the forums and therefore appsaudit is only as good as the dep lists.

Having an open community development providing such lists needs to be taken into consideration. Perhaps after moving to a single extension type, will make many things easier to manage.

All this need to be taken into consideration. Appsaudit is no panacea, nor will it ever likely be. However the reporting is useful and as the .dep lists become more reliable and not nested, things will only improve.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 06:45:55 PM by roberts »
10+ Years Contributing to Linux Open Source Projects.

Offline roberts

• Administrator
  • Founder Emeritus
Re: appsaudit problem
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2009, 10:28:04 PM »
jls, I see what you are saying and will make more improvements to cover such case.
Via the reporting features, one should be able to unravel and mark for deletion others in that dependency chain. It will only be by use and over time that it will improve, as is the case with all software.
10+ Years Contributing to Linux Open Source Projects.