WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: extension licenses  (Read 2016 times)

Offline robc

extension licenses
« on: August 14, 2009, 01:29:23 PM »
What is the preferred way to handle licenses with extensions if it is not already in the base?
Should the license text by included in the info file or should there be a separate license file installed onto the system?
If they are to be installed into the system is there a specific location as to keep them all together (ie /usr/local/share/doc/License)?
"Never give up! Never surrender!" - Commander Peter Quincy Taggart

"Make it so." - Captain Picard

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
Re: extension licenses
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2009, 02:48:50 PM »
If the license has to be distributed with the binary, then placing it inside the extension is the easiest and least intrusive way.  /usr/local/share/doc/License looks like a good place.

I will be happy to place the swig license in the extension, or you can resubmit if you would rather be the one to repack it. 

Offline robc

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2009, 03:00:06 PM »
I can do that, I have to do it for a few others too then

What about naming the license? should it be extensionname.license or just something like bsd-style.txt so they don't start building up if they have the same license?
"Never give up! Never surrender!" - Commander Peter Quincy Taggart

"Make it so." - Captain Picard

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2009, 05:25:48 PM »
I think extensionname.txt or something like it would be good as it is already in the license directory, rather than creating a specific subdirectory for each extension license or having EULA.txt overwrite the existing ones.