WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: TinyCore does not boot after installation  (Read 8238 times)

Offline newbieCore

Re: TinyCore does not boot after installation
« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2024, 03:30:55 PM »
Hi newbieCore!

I was not attentive enough and missed the fact that Your motherboard really has UEFI, but inactivated through disabling CSM. It is clear that CorePlus image will not boot in CSM enabled mode. But if return to my post #37 about InstantCore, I think You may download and copy it to Your eMMC in CSM-disabled mode and then reboot and try enbling CSM. InstantCore image is UEFI compatible, and I think chances it will boot are not so poor as I was expecting earlier, and You will be able to kick-start TinyCore.

Ok, now we're talking.
Unbelievable but it worked and it installed the tinycore installation on another partition. How do I move forward from here?

https://ibb.co/2WTTM59
https://ibb.co/tqFcfSL

Offline jazzbiker

« Reply #46 on: February 13, 2024, 03:42:43 PM »
Nice!
The 2nd screenshot is the boot menu for TinyCorePure64 (1st and 2nd options), another options correspond to CorePlus, they look different but are the same as for CorePlus. You may choose any of them and continue exploring TinyCore.

Warning! When I was preparing InstantCore I was not aware of eMMC drives. In description I propose to boot into "base+inflate" and expand the drive space. Please don't do this yet, I need to think a little about changes for inflate.sh. All another options are under Your control, You may load and install extensions, but please not so much, because Your free disk space is limited - until the image will be inflated, but I am not ready yet.

I think You'd continue with those boot option which You already used.

If You'd succeed in connecting to internet from the fresh installation, I'd ask You to share the output of some comaands, which will be necessary for inflate.sh correction.

Offline jazzbiker

« Reply #47 on: February 13, 2024, 03:45:22 PM »
After You will boot Your brand new TinyCore can You please share
Code: [Select]
cat /proc/cmdline
and
fdisk -l
Good luck!

Offline newbieCore

« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2024, 03:56:46 PM »
Nice!
The 2nd screenshot is the boot menu for TinyCorePure64 (1st and 2nd options), another options correspond to CorePlus, they look different but are the same as for CorePlus. You may choose any of them and continue exploring TinyCore.

Warning! When I was preparing InstantCore I was not aware of eMMC drives. In description I propose to boot into "base+inflate" and expand the drive space. Please don't do this yet, I need to think a little about changes for inflate.sh. All another options are under Your control, You may load and install extensions, but please not so much, because Your free disk space is limited - until the image will be inflated, but I am not ready yet.

If You'd succeed in connecting to internet from the fresh installation, I'd ask You to share the output of some comaands, which will be necessary for inflate.sh correction.
Hi, I always upload live the third option (works best with coreplus with flwm). I noticed that there is not much space on the disk, I could not install Firefox lol.
In any case, I did not understand how I proceed from here to a total installation or to a USB installation.

Offline newbieCore

« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2024, 03:59:13 PM »
Nice!

I didn’t found the core.gz file under boot folder.
https://ibb.co/K0MLN68

Offline jazzbiker

« Reply #50 on: February 13, 2024, 04:02:04 PM »
Oops, firefox is huge with deps, I am to adjust InstantCore size to be ready for firefox :-)
Though You can not install firfox yet, can You please share the output of the commands I asked in my previous post?

Offline jazzbiker

« Reply #51 on: February 13, 2024, 04:05:21 PM »
I didn’t found the core.gz file under boot folder.
A little bit deeper You will find vmlinuz (the kernel) modules.gz and rootfs.gz. All of them present in 64 versions too.
core.gz = modules.gz + rootfs.gz

Offline jazzbiker

« Reply #52 on: February 13, 2024, 04:07:10 PM »
In any case, I did not understand how I proceed from here to a total installation or to a USB installation.

You already working from Your eMMC drive.

Offline newbieCore

« Reply #53 on: February 13, 2024, 04:21:26 PM »
Oops, firefox is huge with deps, I am to adjust InstantCore size to be ready for firefox :-)
Though You can not install firfox yet, can You please share the output of the commands I asked in my previous post?
https://ibb.co/2YBFFX1

Offline newbieCore

« Reply #54 on: February 13, 2024, 04:23:39 PM »

You already working from Your eMMC drive.
True, but it is still considered a live and not a full installation, so if I reboot, nothing will still be saved for me, isn't that right?

Offline jazzbiker

« Reply #55 on: February 13, 2024, 04:28:52 PM »
No, it is fully functional filesystem. Extensions You load are saved in tce14/optional, Your /home can be backed up with the help of
filetool.sh -b
and the next boot will be restored.

By the way, it would be better to disconnect You USB flash drive, it is not necessary but may be useful further.

Offline jazzbiker

« Reply #56 on: February 13, 2024, 04:30:50 PM »
Please, a few more commands:
ls /mnt
and
blkid /dev/mmcblk0*

Offline newbieCore

« Reply #57 on: February 13, 2024, 04:33:39 PM »
No, it is fully functional filesystem. Extensions You load are saved in tce14/optional, Your /home can be backed up with the help of
filetool.sh -b
and the next boot will be restored.

By the way, it would be better to disconnect You USB flash drive, it is not necessary but may be useful further.
Ok, and how can I restore them after the reboot? And in addition, how do I expand the disk space?

Offline jazzbiker

« Reply #58 on: February 13, 2024, 04:35:26 PM »
Your backup is restored by default. You can suppress restore with the bootcode "norestore".

I need to correct inflate.sh and I need the output of the commands I've asked.

Offline newbieCore

« Reply #59 on: February 13, 2024, 04:37:09 PM »
Please, a few more commands:
ls /mnt
and
blkid /dev/mmcblk0*

https://ibb.co/brGcSMG