WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Would someone like to make a python extension of the latest 3.12.1 release?  (Read 965 times)

Offline meo

Hi guys!

If possible I would like someone that has the knowledge to make an extension of the latest Python 3.12.1 release. I tried to compile it on my Raspberry Pi 5 and all went well. After the "make" step these programs were reported missing:

dbm
gdbm.tcz
liblzma.tcz
nis (libunistring)
ncurses.tcz (dev?)
openssl-1.1.1.tcz (dev?)
readline.tcz
curses_panel
hashlib
tkinter (tk.tcz?)

I downloaded and loaded the ones found in the repo and then issued the "make test" and I got the "Result:SUCCESS". So to me it looks that it's possible. It was a very long time since I made an extension so it would take a long time to come up to speed again. So please if someone knows how to do it I would be very grateful. I've been programming a lot in python the last time and it would be awesome to test it running piCore on a Raspberry Pi 5.

Kind Greetings,
meo

"All that is very well," answered Candide, "but let us cultivate our garden." - Francois-Marie Arouet Voltaire

Offline Paul_123

• Administrator
It can surely be done, but we don’t like to update versions from within a release.  piCore14 uses python3.11. 

Why won’t 3.11 work for you?

Offline meo

Hi Paul_123!

I understand and I have already used the current python version and it will work for me. So thanks for a good work on Tiny Core! I'm amazed how good piCore works on Raspberry Pi 5! That's really something.

Kind Greetings,
meo
"All that is very well," answered Candide, "but let us cultivate our garden." - Francois-Marie Arouet Voltaire

Offline meo

PS This thread can be closed now DS

// meo