WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Android 11......wi fi tethering  (Read 873 times)

Online vinceASPECT

Android 11......wi fi tethering
« on: January 12, 2024, 06:30:54 PM »
Hello forum,

....... is   anybody  able  to  put  me  onto  a free app which  "repeats  outwards"  the  wi  fi signal  bieng recieved  by  a  handheld?............thus  reflecting  forward the  wi  fi  signal  so that  other  devices  can  connect  to  it  as a  hotspot......

....... i  tried  many free apps  off  the  play  store ,  where  only  ONE  actually  worked ........but  it  throttled  down web  speeds  from 35 megabit  to  200   kilobytes........useless  really

...........in the  past, i have  had several apps  work  perfectly on  droid  8.1.......now, non  of  them  work  on  droid  11
........"  Netshare+ " .....free app.........

many  THX
C

ps, ......... this  is  wi fi  tethering........
" repeater."...........nothing  to  do  with  usb

« Last Edit: January 12, 2024, 06:32:43 PM by vinceASPECT »

Offline CentralWare

• Administrator
Re: Android 11......wi fi tethering
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2024, 12:58:39 AM »
@vinceASPECT: There are a couple obstacles you're faced with...

1. Your provider may sell tethering as a service and if so, most of them go out of their way to make it difficult to bypass paying for this service when you want to share your 3G/4G/5G connection with a blue-tooth or wifi connected device.

2. Your device/phone/tablet, especially those whom are branded (when it boots it shows the service provider's logo/splash screen/etc.) may be programmed to avoid third party tethering.
All of a sudden, after a system update, my app used for usb/wifi/bt tethering stopped working...
This is what I usually hear.

Back in the day there was an app called Fox-Fi which was as close as I could find to do just what you're after -- without having to root the phone.  Whether it still exists and/or operates on newer Android releases is unknown to me.  $oogle on the other hand has been in the pockets of the service providers and they tend to clean out apps that cross certain lines...  so if you find something that works well today... and it becomes popular... praise it while it lasts - but expect it not to.

Good luck!
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Online vinceASPECT

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2024, 09:07:23 AM »
Hello,

Thanks  for  replying.......

......well......the OP   mentioned  a  free  app  which  works....
_
_

.....upon  Trying  that free app again.....it seems to take  a while to ramp up to any usable speed...?.
_
_

.....then  full  video  and  web  surfing  fully  works......proper  as  i  desire...
_
_

.......i  have  not experienced  apps....."warming up" in this manner....?....it's a brand new handset and a very healthy fast wi fi signal......the  win machine wanting tethering is fine

hmmm

it's fullly working  here.......though  as
 i  desire......... .....but  it's certainly
no where  near  the full speed of the wi fi DSL supply......no where near

....also,  the  handheld  will occasionally  throw out the LINK connection too.........it's suppossedly a fully functioning app....?....so

the speed issues ?........who even knows.....?

thx
C

yes......fox fi........true....and many other
 apps.........

Thanks for you sensible comments.....and yes , your experiences are fact .....and often these free apps are missleading and locked and not free.....

The device is seemingly doing the job i need it to............"repeating OUT" the wi fi it's getting incoming...........so other devices see that "OUT point" as a connection for web........and connect.

The reason for ALL OF THE ABOVE ........is...... sometimes the windows machine will just not get internet from the connected telco WI FI ........useless (the telco is at fault)
.......so  i  use  a  droid  to  win.....wi
 fi  repeater  arrangement.....
_
-

sir.......i could tell you things that will blow your mind about telcos........Literally

The global corruption and fraud is ....unprecidented......

.....it  continues for extreme amounts and durations until they are finally caught.....

There is currently a class action law suit just launched in the UK for......
......3 billion STERLING...
........against all UK mobile telco suppliers

......upon winning the case it May go international.........252  countries and be 100's of billions of dollars.......

thx,
C.

the  free  app  is  "TetherFI"
« Last Edit: January 13, 2024, 09:39:45 AM by Rich »

Online vinceASPECT

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2024, 11:31:51 AM »
Hello  forum,

......so sorry  to  members,  but the  above  Post   is   my  bad.........i  have  since  EXPLICITLY  &  EXACTLY  followed  the   instructions  from  the  free  APP......

.......correct  wi  fi   and  internet  speeds   have   resulted......CORRECT

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

.....pretty  quikly  remedy.......thanks  to  your  communication

......the  Remainder  of  the   post   Stands .........

(  and  yes,  it's  with a  B ....for  billions  )

thx
C

Online vinceASPECT

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2024, 11:10:49 AM »
Hello forum,

......the topic concludes for the free app mentioned

Users need to cycle through the IP addresses it offers.... Until getting
A full speed signal ...... The issued ip's DO all function , but not at full speed internet passthrough

... Conclude .... It,s  some sort of "app snag".... a  devs marketting to make some gain on apps $

Many Thx
C
-----------------------+-------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------
..... It's all simply about trying to keep TECH  functionally useful.here...for web.....
We are under some large
Changes happening in technology.Here.....

4g. Handsets will be good to go and compatable ,......

The safe guard here is full speed WEB through a...4g data... handset...
. The handset service
has plenty of 4g web data allowance....

Thankfully,  IT IS A long term SAFE GUARD for getting WEB..... here

Many thanks
« Last Edit: January 14, 2024, 11:41:31 AM by vinceASPECT »