WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Duplicate the scripts that convert different distributions to the TCL package.  (Read 2971 times)

Offline xor

The subject here is not about people or individuals!

road map of technology!!!

...ooO(Did anyone here say anything at all, let alone over-react about AI taking over or putting us in a predicament of any kind at all?)

Offline nick65go

Short remarks, then I am out of this not productive discussion.

If "someone" wants some scripts to build EACH package (programs & libraries) then why not switch to distributions like Alpine-Linux, Arch-Linux, or even Gentoo-Linux. Why that person insist (as a stubborn) to ask this from Tiny-core developers?

And what will be the "advantage" of reading / understanding those scripts, if all that person needs is to RUN a program? Then Windows 10/11 is [one of the] the path for ready-to-go system/applications + its vast repositories.

As always, please start (for yourself) to define yours goals first [in details!], and ask (yourself) what you do expect to gain & how you will co-interest others to do/join/align to yours goals.

PS: in the last 3 months, I mange to convince (myself) that all I need from windows 11 ( yeah, I know,.. do not hit the messenger) are just few programs: Edge/(eventually Firefox 119), MS Office 2011 /(eventual LibreOffice), 7Zip, Mplayer (eventual VLC) and Notepad++ ... and that is all for now. No partitioning. not formatting partitions, not install other programs (PDF reader, Text editors, etc). YMMV, but I get them included in the price so.. used them. No shame, no other spies (ecept the usual/ omnipresent Google, Amazon, Microsoft, governments, ISP, you named it). Plus is good to compare (know your enemy).
« Last Edit: November 21, 2023, 04:17:38 AM by nick65go »

Offline xor

Our latest advanced utopian conversation with artificial intelligence

It was about deduplication!

A structure where everything is integrated on a single executable file; singularity.

So, if you ask, how did it get to this point?
How can you run a program the fastest?
How can you do better?
The codes are too long, shorten it in a new language and
make efficiency more stable on commands
At the point of propositions; The singular proposal was reached.

Offline nick65go

If AI obtains "singularity" (for program, structures, whatever) then humanity (and you) will be annihilated/dead/vanish.
The robots (and the programs managed by them) do no need the capricious humanity (who need food, shelter, pension, voting, etc) to be the master for AI.
The master will be AI/singularity as a "better"/faster/cheaper etc solution, eliminating the frictions with/between humans.

I am out. You waste my time. Have a life without Tiny-core; you proved that it is not suitable/comfortable for you. wiki "Q.E.D"

Offline xor

Why are we so afraid of artificial intelligence?

Offline GNUser

( But people may not want to learn Linux.) this needs to be respected.
Hi xor. Tiny Core Linux's goal is not to provide the user with a ready-to-use OS. TCL is more like an OS-building toolkit for you to make your own (customized, lean, bitrot-resistant) OS. Users need to respect the goals of a project. A project cannot cater to the goals of every user.

If people do not want to learn Linux, that's fine--but TCL will not be a good fit for them. There are projects out there whose goal is to provide a linux-based OS for such people. Linux Mint and Ubuntu come to mind, but there are many others. Choose one and be happy.

Offline mocore

• ~.~

Who will be writing several thousand  "GetLatest.sh"  scripts to
build and package all of those extensions?

sounds a lot like forum section 13 ( which oddly seams to be the only one that's title is a clickable  collapsible link *twilight zone music* )
https://forum.tinycorelinux.net/index.php#c13 dCore Import Debian Packages to Mountable SCE extensions