Tiny Core Extensions > TCE Corepure64

Can I get a beginner friendly guide to installing tinycore x64 from usb?

<< < (3/3)

CardealRusso:
Lots of valuable information missing and others clearly wrong; It is impossible to give a clear and satisfactory answer in this way.

--- Quote from: mocore on October 09, 2023, 12:11:49 PM ---
--- Quote from: spark on October 09, 2023, 09:33:16 AM ---standard windows boot manager

--- End quote ---
no such boot loader exists

--- End quote ---
Indeed. Unfortunately I don't remember how it was displayed in BIOS mode (maybe nothing, just the name of the device/HD?) but, in UEFI mode, Windows creates a UEFI entry in the bios called Windows Boot Manager, so I suppose the topic author is confusing these things.

As well as this

--- Quote from: spark on October 09, 2023, 10:12:01 AM ---atm my bios did get corrupted trying to install different distros.

--- End quote ---
Which to me doesn't make much sense since a distro installation, supposedly (to the common user) does absolutely nothing other than insert a new entry in UEFI and simply mess up the boots list.
This can be resolved with clear cmos, but if this is too difficult, it is very easy to manually delete these entries with uefibootmgr.

If he is actually using UEFI, this statement

--- Quote from: spark on October 09, 2023, 09:13:01 AM ---However the laptop doesn't support FAT32

--- End quote ---
It is completely incorrect since FAT32 is, unfortunately, REQUIRED to use UEFI.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version