WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: future plans regarding libc implementation and init software  (Read 6819 times)

Offline nick65go

Re: future plans regarding libc implementation and init software
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2020, 07:41:58 AM »
@aus9: thanks for the tips.
My main point is repeating me again "small/fast/secure linux". ex: I prefer dillo-3.1-beta on TC11_x64 +FLTK.But today the stupid banks asume everybody run Windows with Firefox/Chrome/Iexplorer. They impose bullshit embeded scripts etc. So yap, dillo is dead, and if I try more then they will freeze my account (because they are lazy and assume intruder attack).It is annoing that I need a fat dinosaurus (Firefox 200 MB?) to do simple bank transactions, which SHOULD be done even with TEXT browsers.

Also for media player a FLTK simple/smart interface and ffmpeg (for decoders) and is done. But noo, everybody reinvent the squared circle, because they think that whater is OLD is also bad; and we need more CPU, more GPU power wasted. Otherwise it will be no incentive for Intel to sell more powerful spying CPU. (they need to create demand, by encourage building bloat software needing more powerful devices.)
« Last Edit: May 02, 2020, 07:46:31 AM by nick65go »

Offline mocore

• ~.~
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2021, 06:04:32 AM »
just happened to find this interesting topic !

It would also be nice if the /proc/cmdline variables weren't scattered across files in different directory trees. /etc/init.d/tc-config and /usr/bin/tc-setup come to mind.

and also..

this one  : http://forum.tinycorelinux.net/index.php?topic=22020.0 # Topic: boot process

that is usefully a copy of the (currently offline) wiki page , which documents core default boot script's run order !

Offline Rich

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2021, 06:17:50 AM »
Hi mocore
A big thank you to ulfr for the boot process post, I've referenced that post myself several times.

Offline PDP-8

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2021, 01:38:32 AM »
Thanks for that Aus9!

Not true but as it breaks the pristine concept I show how I run FF without pulseaudio  in this post
http://forum.tinycorelinux.net/index.php/topic,23838.0.html

One possible solution for Nick is to use TCL to create a bootable stick with just FF on it, perhaps lock it down with no-script extension etc, and use that to ONLY do banking.  Don't go anywhere else.  Enable the secure option for the stick too.

When done, boot your normal TC stick with Dillo for general purpose stuff.
That's a UNIX book! - cool  -- Garth