WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: [Solved] My Geany is slow on TC 11.1 + Xorg!  (Read 7168 times)

Offline jazzbiker

Re: My Geany is slow on TC 11.1 + Xorg!
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2021, 03:27:43 AM »
Hi, Juanito!

Thank for the explanation. You've did it before but unfortunately I've forgot it. Probably because we have no influence on this phenomenon, but we need to know the solution - src/la directory in the repo.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2021, 03:33:12 AM by jazzbiker »

Offline elf

« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2021, 06:57:56 PM »
Hi, jazzbiker!

Now I compiled and checked the Geany(version 1.37.1)+GTK3. This's nice! But I don't pack into a tcz yet. I'm reading "Into the Core Ch.15.2" now.
And still now I want to try improving Geany+GTK2 a little bit more somehow...

Don't You like progress?

Partially "yes" and not unconditionally. You know me who's using an over 10-year-old PC now! lol

Now I really appreciate you, jazzbiker. I got an answer what I hadn't expected at all. This's a kind of 'serendipity'! You gave me it! Thank you, again!

May Tiny force be with you!

Offline elf

« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2021, 07:00:26 PM »
to administrator

Could you mark the [SOLVED] sign for this thread?
Thanks!

Offline Rich

• Administrator
Re: [Solved] My Geany is slow on TC 11.1 + Xorg!
« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2021, 07:19:12 PM »
Hi elf
... Could you mark the [SOLVED] sign for this thread? ...
Of course. :)

Offline jazzbiker

« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2021, 09:54:58 PM »
Hi, elf!

I'm glad to know, that You've got geany, working as expected and as it must do. No thanks to me, keep them for TinyCore team :)
    Geany is cute, 1.23 version will celebrate 10th birthday this year, still working nice! Excepts Poulsbo, so sad. By the way, in Lubuntu 14.04 geany is 1.23, but don't forget, that it was using the earlier version of gtk. and it worked fine on Poulsbo too. So I think the issue You faced is something that is named regression in gtk. You can obtain geany-1.23 sources from http://tinycorelinux.net/4.x/x86/tcz/src/geany/
    One more note about geany-1.37.1. Size of the package packed for gtk2 was slightly larger, than of packed for gtk3. I think it means, that linking for gtk2 needs additional software layer and it may cause troubles too. In other words for modern geany gtk3 is native while gtk2 is step aside.
    In any case if You will make progress in You geany and gtk-s exploration, please share the results.

Have a nice Core!

P.S. 10-year old computers are not equipped with hardware bugs like Intel IME, and one day they can become something, that You can not buy for the money.

Offline elf

« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2021, 10:01:07 PM »
Hi, jazzbiker!

10-year old computers are not equipped with hardware bugs like Intel IME, and one day they can become something, that You can not buy for the money.

And it made me access this forum and converse with you already! Thanks!