General TC > Programming & Scripting - Unofficial

extension audit script

<< < (16/21) > >>

dentonlt:
20151017 update is now in the submission queue.

Major change is that I've added dynamic library checking. This scans the extension binaries for dynamic lib requirements, then compares this against the libraries included in extension & the extension dep list. As possible, missing libs are resolved against the local repo and then suggested additions to dep list are made.

Also added --core, --arch, --license, and --changes cli options. Cross-repo maintainers may find the former useful.

I've run this script against much of my local repo (500 extensions in each of x86 and x86_64) and it seems stable. Bug reports and patches welcome, of course.

_madRat:
Is the simple way to disable "Copyright notice" warning in submitqc script - it can not found license file in package.tcz, because it as doc files are located in package-doc.tcz.

Misalf:
Note:

--- Quote ---Please check the license condition. Although we can strip a number of documents from the main tcz and have a separate doc.tcz, this is not always possible. [...]

--- End quote ---
http://wiki.tinycorelinux.net/wiki:creating_extensions#license

dentonlt:

--- Quote from: _madRat on February 29, 2016, 06:49:25 AM ---Is the simple way to disable "Copyright notice" warning in submitqc script - it can not found license file in package.tcz, because it as doc files are located in package-doc.tcz.

--- End quote ---

_madRat, Misalf: thanks for mentioning this, and the warning re license checking. I don't currently have flags/args for disabling specific tests, but that's probably a good idea for the future. I'll add it to the queue.

Overall, just use good judgement when you're submitting. Some errors/warnings will be acceptable depending upon the package you're submitting. The script currently warns you to contact the maintainer even if you're the current maintainer, for example ...

Other news: thanks to andyj for his notes on armv7 - this lets submitqc run on arm now. I have no arm hardware for testing, however - the script may eat your data! Bug reports and test results much needed and welcome.

submitqc submitted today for 8 repos: 5.x, 6.x, 7.x on x86, x86_64, and armv7.

Misalf:
dentonlt, first of, thanks for contributing and maintaining submitqc.
I find text coloring in the output of scripts is very useful, however, I noticed there is none in the in the current submitqc, contrary to former versions. While there are lots of warnings which might be considered redundant, depending an what extensions are checked (not of your concern), it can be quite cumbersome to check the hole output by reading every line, compared to 'viewing' (f.e. red=error, yellow=warning, green=success etc.).

Any plans for fancy colors for those read-impaired people like me?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version