WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: pilot-link x86 for tc 11  (Read 2166 times)

Offline udo

pilot-link x86 for tc 11
« on: September 01, 2020, 03:23:28 AM »
The tc 9.x extension seems to work on tc 11.1, but occasionally complains about "deprecated" function calls.  Also, it depends on the (deprecated) library libpng12.  An update would be appreciated.

N.B.: I tried to compile pilot-link against new libraries, with mixed success - for some reason, shared libraries were not found after 'make install', and the command (e.g., pilot-xfer) did not terminate properly (hung after job completion).

P.S.: Does anybody know a reliable source for the sources?  The original web site seems to be down, so I fetched the last(?) release from the Debian package tree.

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
Re: pilot-link x86 for tc 11
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2020, 03:37:50 AM »
Assuming you compiled to /usr/local, you sometimes need to run the command "sudo ldconfig" after "sudo make install" for the libraries to be found by the system - "tce-load" takes care of this once you've made an extension.

Edit: did you apply the debian patches?
« Last Edit: September 06, 2020, 05:27:10 AM by Juanito »

tinycorelinux

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2020, 05:41:10 AM »
The latest version of libpng is 17 (libpng16 is recommended). You need to download the source code of libpng and compile it yourself.
SourceCode: https://sourceforge.net/p/libpng/code/ci/libpng16/tree/
« Last Edit: September 06, 2020, 06:12:01 AM by NONE »

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2020, 05:50:42 AM »
pilot is old software - the current libpng(16) will be fine

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2020, 12:19:17 AM »
pilot-link* and jpilot posted - not tested

Offline udo

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2020, 07:49:30 AM »
Dear Juanito,

brilliant, you've just made my day - thanks a lot for the extensions - after initial tests, they seem to work just fine!

Thanks also for the reminder re ldconfig.  Actually, I don't recall whether or not I applied the debian patches - compiling with statically linked libs worked fine, but made all very heavy (and useless for jpilot).

Cheers, udo.

Offline udo

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2020, 01:47:45 PM »
Sorry - upon further testing: libusb support is missing (requires explicit enabling at configure state), so usb support is provided by the linux kernel via modules from the usb-serial package (hence, libusb-compat can be dropped from dep's, but usb-serial-KERNEL needs to be added).

What puzzles me: if compiled w/o libusb, the pilot-xfer program terminates just fine; if compiled with libusb, the pilot-xfer program doesn't terminate/hangs after completing its job.  Does libusb-compat require an update?

Cheers, udo.

P.S.: Sorry for making circumstances by stupidity - of course, 'sudo ldconfig' did the trick with the shared libraries...

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2020, 01:18:42 AM »
dep file adjusted