WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: [Solved] How to modify the operation mode of TCL/CP64  (Read 6697 times)

Offline Rich

• Administrator
Re: How to modify the operation mode of TCL/CP64
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2020, 08:30:45 PM »
Hi NOOB
... So why do I install more applications with less memory? I'm not running it. I'm just loading it.
So how are you measuring memory usage? Like this:
Code: [Select]
tc@box:~$ free -m
             total       used       free     shared    buffers     cached
Mem:          2015       1430        584          0         74        332
-/+ buffers/cache:       1023        991
Swap:         1001        148        853
tc@box:~$

Or did you clear the cache first:
Code: [Select]
tc@box:~$ sudo cache-clear
tc@box:~$ free -m
             total       used       free     shared    buffers     cached
Mem:          2015       1029        985          0          0        178
-/+ buffers/cache:        850       1165
Swap:         1001        148        853
tc@box:~$

aus9

[Solved] Re: How to modify the operation mode of TCL/CP64
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2020, 09:14:07 PM »
Hi NOOB

I may be jumping to conclusions but if you have time, what information helped you to decide to
download CorePure64*iso in preference to TinyCorePure64*iso.

Extra question, being of course ....what was your thoughts on which would suit you better?

I observe a number of links above this forum tend to be TC32-centric.

And I am wondering, if you got confused with TC32 CorePlus which could also be abbreviated as CP?

cheers

« Last Edit: August 01, 2020, 06:57:52 AM by Rich »

Offline PDP-8

Re: [Solved] How to modify the operation mode of TCL/CP64
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2020, 03:10:16 PM »
How to make TCL/CP64 like other systems, the system does not load the program into memory until it needs to run the program, and then recovers the memory when it exits the program.
instead of loading the program into memory all at once and recovering the memory until the shutdown...

REAL NOOBS try to understand what a project is all about first, before demanding changes to act like other systems.

You have demonstrated that you are NOT in fact a real NOOB, and are besmirching the character of those who truly are and are seeking help.

The ONLY thing you are seeking is demanding that we answer all your questions, and carefully avoiding those we ask in return to better understand your mission.

What we know now based on other posts, is that either you don't understand what a community of give-and-take is, or are simply wasting our time on purpose.

Your posted actions demonstrate that you are not interested in learning, and in fact, give real NOOBs a bad name.  We, or at least I, am not falling for it.

That's a UNIX book! - cool  -- Garth