WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: TCE for 1.x, 2.x, 3.x -- what are these versions in relation to?  (Read 2404 times)

Offline lhaley42

In the Tiny Core Linux » Tiny Core Extensions » TCE News section, there are three headings:

TCE 1.x      (T)iny (C)ore (E)xtensions for 1.x releases
TCE 2.x      (T)iny (C)ore (E)xtensions for 2.x releases
TCE 3.x      (T)iny (C)ore (E)xtensions for 3.x releases

I'm confused - I am thinking in terms of 9.x, 10.x, 11.x - etc.  what are these, are they literally (much) earlier releases of TC?  I see recent posts in 3.x - is this just a lag/conciliation to having too many 1..11 entries?

Just curious...  I'm readying myself to learn how to submit packages;  I've got a small collection of my own built TCZs, but I need to learn the red-tape ropes.
Lexi

Offline lhaley42

Re: TCE for 1.x, 2.x, 3.x -- what are these versions in relation to?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2020, 10:39:01 PM »
for what it is worth - on the topic of learning to submit extensions; I'm reading:

Guidelines for extension submission  http://forum.tinycorelinux.net/index.php/topic,330.0.html

https://web.archive.org/web/20190128040851/http://wiki.tinycorelinux.net/wiki:creating_extensions
    (archive version, as the wiki seems offline today)

Basic init.d script example  http://forum.tinycorelinux.net/index.php/topic,4126.0.html

Current extension guidelines.  http://forum.tinycorelinux.net/index.php/topic,2072.0.html

how to compile, create and submit Tiny Core tcz extensions...  http://forum.tinycorelinux.net/index.php/topic,18682.msg114360.html#msg114360
Lexi

Offline Juanito

• Administrator

Offline curaga

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2020, 11:49:34 PM »
Yes, the subforums are just old remnants.
The only barriers that can stop you are the ones you create yourself.

Offline Rich

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2020, 07:18:06 AM »
Hi lhaley42
... I'm readying myself to learn how to submit packages;  I've got a small collection of my own built TCZs, but I need to learn the red-tape ropes.
The  .info  files can be a valuable source of information:
1. The  Description  field should provide some clue of the extensions purpose.
2. The  Tags  field should contain a few generic words about its function.
3. The  Comments  field should list any special instructions the user needs to use the extension without frustration. This includes any
    commands that may need to be run and config files that may need to be set up. See here for an excellent example:
       http://www.tinycorelinux.net/11.x/x86/tcz/pulseaudio.tcz.info
4. The  Change-log  field provides history. It may indicate when features were added/removed. The change dates can provide
    troubleshooting clues when an extension misbehaves.

If a  .info  file exists for the extension you are building, use it as a starting point so that history does not get lost. I've often had to
check the  .info  files in older repositories because this history got lost.

I highly recommend scripting your builds. Scripting provides consistency. If there's an error, it's because the script is wrong, not
because you forgot a step. I've attached a build script I used for building gpicview. Feel free to modify it for your own use.

It performs the following steps:
 1. Auto detects which architecture to build for and sets CFLAGS, CXXFLAGS, and LDFLAGS accordingly.
 2. Exports any required environmental variables.
 3. Removes any previous build directories.
 4. Creates fresh destination directories.
 5. Downloads and then loads build dependencies.
 6. Downloads the source package if it's not already present.
 7. Unpacks the source package.
 8. Runs ./configure, make, and make install.
 9. Strips the executable.
10. Copies/fixes copyright, icon, and .desktop files so they are compatible with Tinycore.
11. Separates out the locale files for their own extension.
12. Creates the .tcz, .md5.txt, .dep, .list, and .info files.
13. Runs  submitqc  to check for packaging errors.
14. Creates an archive of the extension files, build script, and source package. The archive name will include the CPU type and
      be saved in the same directory as the build script.
15. Finally, it will bcrypt the archive so it's ready to be emailed.

The script updates size, date, version, etc information in the  .info  file section automatically. The  Change-log  field needs to be
updated manually prior to updating to a newer version.

Since the archive name includes the CPU type you can build for 32 and 64 bit without one overwriting the other.

The script is fairly well commented as to what is being done.

Offline marcelocripe

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2020, 10:04:55 AM »
Hi lhaley42,

It is always good to have updated extensions (programs) available for Tiny Core, I think that only then will this Linux distribution be more and more accessible to everyone.

In order to collaborate with your work of making more extensions (application programs) available to all Tiny Core users, I leave my considerations, my suggestions are from the point of view of a Tiny Core beginner, I have little knowledge in lines of commands, mainly for Linux, unfortunately, my job opportunities have always led me towards the operating systems of MS-Windows, now I can return to dedicate myself to study Linux, more specifically this precious jewel, called Tiny Core Plus.
I, before posting questions on this forum, I try to research a lot, I make several attempts, when I am unable to achieve the goal, put my doubts, unfortunately they are not always fully understood and answered.

Usually I can't do anything with little explanation, you know the answers in a line ...

But when it is colleagues Rich and xor are the ones who write, especially when they write a lot and explain in detail, having their precious time to help all users, usually I can understand and achieve the goal, despite the differences between our languages , in addition to the difficulty in understanding, due to the crazy and meaningless translations that Google translator does, when a text is poorly written or the translator's engine is not prepared for the context.

Several times I received responses in this forum, instructing me to read the ".info" file, everything is in English, which does not help me at all, I copy everything and paste it in the translator, the translations made directly via the Google Chrome internet browser are more difficult to understand than those made by the site: https://translate.google.com/. Words that do not have the meaning in the dictionary, such as slang, phrases specific to a certain language, language addictions are not well translated by Google.

A ".info" file without any type of explanation (I wrote an explanation in the plural of the Brazilian Portuguese language, which means several explanations), as I found in several extensions, just don't help newbies, just like me, if I don't know to what is it for or can not understand what it is for and how to make it work and then be able to use it, the programs end up serving only to occupy space. I'll give you the text of pulseaudio.tcz.info from the link:
http://www.tinycorelinux.net/11.x/x86/tcz/pulseaudio.tcz.info, it doesn't make any sense to me, the translation was incomprehensible, there is no step by step or tutorial, there are command lines, but there are no explanations of how to do it, so I was unable to understand and execute it. If it were similar to a cake recipe, I would be able to do something, have you ever read a "cake" recipe for computer science?

Can I give you an example?

Question: How to install extensions and updates on a computer without internet access?
Example of installing the emelfm.tcz file manager on a computer without internet access.
On a computer with internet access, access the website: https://distro.ibiblio.org/tinycorelinux/11.x/x86/tcz/, download the files:
-emelfm.tcz;
-emelfm.tcz.dep;
-emelfm.tcz.md5.txt;
-glib1.tcz;
-glib1.tcz.md5.txt;
-gtk1.tcz;
-gtk1.tcz.dep
-gtk1.tcz.md5.txt

Copy all downloaded files to a USB stick in a folder named emelfm.

On the computer without internet access with Tiny Core Plus 11 32 bits properly installed, connect the pendrive, click on the "MountTool" icon, click on red sbd1, when it is green, means that the pendrive is mounted and ready for use , click on the "Terminal" icon and type:
tc @ box: ~ $ cd / mnt [Enter]
(cd to enter or access the / mnt directory)

tc @ box: / mnt $ ls [Enter]
(ls to list the contents of the / mnt directory)

fd0 / sda1 / sdb1 / sr0 /
(displays: fd0 is the floppy drive, sda1 is the hard drive, sdb1 is the flash drive and sr0 is the DVD / CD player / writer)

tc @ box: / mnt $ cd / mnt / sdb1 [Enter]
tc @ box: / mnt / sdb1 $ ls [Enter]

ABNT2 Keyboard Configuration /
alsa /
alsa-config /
emelfm /
pavucontrol /
xfe /
xmms.tcz /

Now it is necessary to enter the emelfm / pendrive folder.

tc @ box: / mnt / sdb1 $ cd / mnt / sdb1 / emelfm [Enter]
tc @ box: / mnt / sdb1 / emelfm $ ls [Enter]
emelfm.tcz;
emelfm.tcz.dep;
emelfm.tcz.md5.txt;
glib1.tcz;
glib1.tcz.md5.txt;
gtk1.tcz;
gtk1.tcz.dep
gtk1.tcz.md5.txt

It is now necessary to copy all files from the emelfm / folder to the / mnt / sda1 / tce / optional directory

tc @ box: ~ $ cd / mnt / sdb1 / emelfm cp *. * / mnt / sda1 / tce / optional

Load the emelfm.tcz file extension or program manager:

In the menu click on Apps: Regular Applications (tcz), Apps, Load App Locally, select emelfm, Load. The extension (program) will be loaded and displayed in the menu.

If emelfm.tcz is not displayed in the "Load App Locally" list, click "Exit" in the menu, check "Reboot", select "Backup", Ok. Try to load emelfm again with "Load App Locally". If emelfm.tcz is still not displayed, the list of programs to load / start in "Load App Locally", in the menu click on the "Editor", "File", "Open File" icon, check "Show hidden files", browse the directories by clicking ../, ../, / mnt / sda1 /, tce /, open onboot.lst, at the end of the list of extensions that are started with Tiny Core Linux, go to the last line, below firmware.tcz or another extension (program) that is the last one in the list, type in the other empty line the name emelfm.tcz, "File", "Save File", close the file editor by clicking on the "X" in the menu click "Exit", check "Reboot", select "Backup", Ok.
After starting Tiny Core Plus, the file manager emelfm.tcz will be displayed in the menu and can be used, in which case the file manager is starting together with Tiny Core (equivalent to online installation with the "OnBoot" mode selected) . After the first initialization of the extension, it is not necessary to keep emelfm.tcz in the list of programs that start up together with the Tiny Core of the onboot.lst file, open the onboot.lst file again, delete the emelfm.tcz from the last list and save the file. When shutting down or restarting Tiny Core, perform the Backup, the next times it is necessary to load / initialize emelfm.tcz it can be done via "Load App Locally" (this boot process of emelfm.tcz is equivalent to downloading without installing via Apps and "Download Only" mode selected).

If any extension is missing when loading emelfm.tcz or any other program that has been manually installed through "Load" in "Load App Locally", you will need to download the missing extension and copy it to the / mnt / sda1 / directory tce / optional, with all the dependencies and complementary extensions necessary for the program to work, it will be loaded and will certainly work.
The tests for offline installation of extensions that worked are as follows: xfe.tcz (file manager), alsa-config.tcz, alsa.tcz, pavucontrol.tcz (audio manager), mplayer-cli.tcz (player video), firefox.tcz (Firefox 74.0.1 32 bit 10-04-2020 or Firefox 75.0 32 bit 06-05-2020), xmms.tcz (audio player), gimp.tcz (image editor), libreoffice .tcz (office package), inkscape.tcz (vector graphics editor), flcalc.tcz (scientific calculator), spacefm.tcz (file manager), emelfm.tcz (file manager), emelfm2.tcz (file manager ), fluff.tcz (file manager), flviewer.tcz (image viewer), isomaster.tcz (image editor ".iso", ".nrg" and ".mdf"), gparted.tcz (partition editor hard disk drive), flit.tcz (notebook battery level meter), windowshot.tcz (screenshot "print screen" with mouse click command), extundelete.tcz (recovery of files and folders deleted via terminal), flowblade.tcz (video editor requires 1152x768 video card resolution).

Probably the text should seem too long, but an ordinary user who has the minimum knowledge of computers, does not need to be a technician or an expert in information technology to understand the text and apply it, that is, whether the step by step or tutorial or the "cake recipe" is well written and correct, and yet, it is easy to understand. Imagine guiding a blind man walking on a street, how to guide him / her? So is a user on a new operating system. If it is not well guided / conducted, it will certainly give up on the first problem, if this occurs, the Linux community loses the most with this, in some Linux distributions I realized and it is evident that they hide the information and do not share it, so what is the use for? information if not shared? Preventing or hindering information is behavior contrary to free code or free software.

I hope one day I will be able to do what you, Rich and Juanito do, compile the downloaded programs directly from the developer's website and maybe collaborate with the expansion of extensions for Tiny Core.

I don't know what your primary language is, it would be interesting if it was authorized by the leading members of Tiny Core that you could create the ".info" files with your primary language, if it is different from English and include the translated text, usually the translation is better when it is made from the language that the creator most masters is better to be understood. That is why I post in two languages, it will certainly help people who speak Portuguese to find this post and find information on how to create extensions for Tiny Core.

I still have a lot to learn before I start studying how to compile programs for Tiny Core. I hope I can count on your help.

I hope I cooperated.

marcelocripe

Original text in Brazilian Portuguese, translated into English by Google Translate.

------------------------------------

Olá lhaley42,

É sempre bom ter disponível extensões (programas) atualizados para o Tiny Core, penso que só assim esta distribuição Linux poderá ser cada vez mais acessível para todas as pessoas.

Com o objetivo de colaborar com o seu trabalho de disponibilizar mais extensões (programas aplicativos) para todos os usuários do Tiny Core, deixo as minhas considerações, as minhas sugestões são do ponto de vista de um iniciante no Tiny Core, possuo pouco conhecimento em linhas de comandos, principalmente para Linux, infelizmente, as minhas oportunidades de trabalho sempre me levaram em direção aos sistemas operacionais da MS-Windows, agora eu posso voltar a me dedicar a estudar Linux, mais especificamente esta jóia preciosa, chamada Tiny Core Plus.

Eu, antes de postar perguntas neste fórum, eu tento pesquisar bastante, faço várias tentativas, quando eu não consigo realizar o objetivo, posto as minhas dúvidas, infelizmente nem sempre são totalmente compreendidas e respondidas.

Normalmente eu não consigo realizar nada com poucas explicações, sabe as respostas de uma linha ...

Mas quando é os colegas Rich e xor são os que escrevem, principalmente quando escrevem bastante e explicam com detalhes, dispondo do seu precioso tempo para ajudar a todos os usuários, normalmente eu consigo compreender e realizar o objetivo, apesar das diferenças entre os nossos idiomas, além da dificuldade na compreensão, devido as traduções malucas e sem sentido que o Google tradutor faz, quando um texto é mal redigido ou que a engine do tradutor não esteja preparada para o contexto.

Por várias vezes eu recebi respostas neste fórum, orientando para eu ler o arquivo ".info", está tudo em inglês, o que não me ajuda em nada, copio tudo e colo no tradutor, as traduções feitas direto via navegador de internet Google Chrome ficam mais difíceis de serem compreendidas do que as feitas pelo site: https://translate.google.com/. Palavras que não possuem o significado no dicionário, como gírias, frases específicas de um determinado idioma, vícios de linguagem não são bem traduzidas pelo Google.

Um arquivo ".info" sem qualquer tipo de explicações (eu escrevi explicação no plural do idioma português do Brasil, que significa várias explicações), como encontrei em várias extensões, simplesmente não ajudam os novatos, iguais a mim, se eu não sei para que serve ou não consigo compreender para que serve e como fazer para funcionar e depois poder utilizar, os programas acabam servindo apenas para ocupar espaço. Vou te dar o texto do pulseaudio.tcz.info do link:  http://www.tinycorelinux.net/11.x/x86/tcz/pulseaudio.tcz.info, não faz sentido algum para mim, a tradução ficou incompreensível, não existe um passo a passo ou tutorial, existem linhas de comandos, mas não há explicações de como fazer, por isso eu não consegui compreender e executar. Se fosse semelhante a uma receita de bolo eu conseguiria fazer alguma coisa, já leu uma receita de "bolo" para área de informática?

Posso dar um exemplo?

Pergunta: Como instalar as extensões e atualizações em computador sem acesso a internet?
Exemplo de Instalação de gerenciador de arquivos emelfm.tcz em computador sem acesso a internet.

Em um computador com acesso a internet, acessar o site: https://distro.ibiblio.org/tinycorelinux/11.x/x86/tcz/, baixar os arquivos:

-emelfm.tcz;
-emelfm.tcz.dep;
-emelfm.tcz.md5.txt;
-glib1.tcz;
-glib1.tcz.md5.txt;
-gtk1.tcz;
-gtk1.tcz.dep
-gtk1.tcz.md5.txt 

Copiar todos os arquivos baixados para um pendrive em uma pasta com o nome emelfm.

No computador sem acesso a internet com o Tiny Core Plus 11 32 bits devidamente instalado, conectar o pendrive, clicar no ícone "MountTool", clicar sobre sbd1 cor vermelha, quando ficar em cor verde, significa que o pendrive está montado e pronto para uso, clicar no ícone "Terminal" e digitar:

tc@box:~$ cd /mnt [Enter]
(cd para entrar ou acessar o diretório /mnt)

tc@box:/mnt$ ls [Enter]
(ls para listar o conteúdo do diretório /mnt)

fd0/ sda1/ sdb1/ sr0/
(exibe: o fd0 é o leitor de disquete, sda1 é o disco rígido, sdb1 é o pendrive e o sr0 é o leitor/gravador de DVD/CD)

tc@box:/mnt$ cd /mnt/sdb1 [Enter]
tc@box:/mnt/sdb1$ ls [Enter]
Configuracao Teclado ABNT2/
alsa/
alsa-config/
emelfm/
pavucontrol/
xfe/
xmms.tcz/

Agora é necessário entrar na pasta emelfm/ do pendrive.

tc@box:/mnt/sdb1$ cd /mnt/sdb1/emelfm [Enter]
tc@box:/mnt/sdb1/emelfm$ ls [Enter]
emelfm.tcz;
emelfm.tcz.dep;
emelfm.tcz.md5.txt;
glib1.tcz;
glib1.tcz.md5.txt;
gtk1.tcz;
gtk1.tcz.dep
gtk1.tcz.md5.txt     

Agora é necessário copiar todos os arquivos da pasta emelfm/ para o diretório /mnt/sda1/tce/optional

tc@box:~$ cd /mnt/sdb1/emelfm cp *.* /mnt/sda1/tce/optional 

Carregar a extensão ou programa gerenciador de arquivos emelfm.tcz:

No menu clicar em Apps: Regular Applications (tcz), Apps, Load App Locally, selecionar  emelfm, Load. A extensão (programa) será carregado e exibido no menu.

Caso o emelfm.tcz não seja exibido na lista "Load App Locally", clicar em "Exit" no menu, marcar "Reboot", selecionar "Backup", Ok. Tente carregar novamente emelfm com o "Load App Locally". Se mesmo assim o emelfm.tcz não for exibido lista de programas para carregar/iniciar em "Load App Locally", no menu clicar sobre o ícone "Editor", "File", "Open File", marcar "Show hidden files", navegar pelos diretórios clicando ../, ../, /mnt/sda1/, tce/, abrir onboot.lst, no final da lista de extensões que são inicializadas junto com o Tiny Core Linux, vá até a última linha, abaixo de firmware.tcz ou de outra extensão (programa) que for a última da lista, digitar na outra linha vazia o nome emelfm.tcz, "File", "Save File", fechar o editor de arquivo clicando no "X", no menu clicar em "Exit", marcar "Reboot", selecionar "Backup", Ok.

Após a inicialização do Tiny Core Plus, o gerenciador de arquivos emelfm.tcz será exibido no menu e poderá ser utilizado, neste caso o gerenciador de arquivos está iniciando junto com o Tiny Core (equivalente a instalação online com o modo "OnBoot" selecionado). Após a primeira inicialização da extensão, não será necessário manter o emelfm.tcz na lista de programas que inicializam junto com o Tiny Core do arquivo onboot.lst, abra novamente o arquivo onboot.lst, apagar o emelfm.tcz da última lista e salve o arquivo. Quando desligar ou reiniciar o Tiny Core, faça o Backup, nas próximas vezes que for necessário carregar/inicializar o emelfm.tcz poderá ser feito via "Load App Locally" (este processo de inicialização do emelfm.tcz é equivalente ao download sem instalação via Apps e selecionado o modo "Download Only").

Caso falte alguma extensão ao carregar o emelfm.tcz ou qualquer outro programa que tenha sido instalado manualmente por meio do "Load" em "Load App Locally", será necessário baixar a extensão que está faltando e copiar para o diretório /mnt/sda1/tce/optional, estando todas as dependências e extensões complementares necessárias para o funcionamento do programa, este será carregado e certamente funcionará.

Os testes de instalação offline de extensões que funcionaram estão na sequência a seguir: xfe.tcz (gerenciador de arquivos), alsa-config.tcz, alsa.tcz, pavucontrol.tcz (gerenciador de áudio), mplayer-cli.tcz (tocador de vídeo), firefox.tcz (Firefox 74.0.1 32 bits 10-04-2020 ou Firefox 75.0 32 bits 06-05-2020), xmms.tcz (tocador de áudio), gimp.tcz (editor de imagens), libreoffice.tcz (pacote office), inkscape.tcz (editor de gráficos vetoriais), flcalc.tcz (calculadora científica), spacefm.tcz (gerenciador de arquivos), emelfm.tcz (gerenciador de arquivos), emelfm2.tcz (gerenciador de arquivos), fluff.tcz (gerenciador de arquivos), flviewer.tcz (visualizador de imagens), isomaster.tcz (editor de imagem ".iso", ".nrg" e ".mdf"), gparted.tcz (editor de partição de disco rígido HD), flit.tcz (medidor de nível de bateria para notebook), windowshot.tcz ( captura de tela "print screen" com comando do clique do mouse), extundelete.tcz (recuperação de arquivos e pastas apagadas via terminal), flowblade.tcz (editor de vídeo necessita de resolução da placa de vídeo 1152x768).

Provavelmente o texto deve parecer demasiadamente longo, mas um usuário comum que possua o mínimo de conhecimentos em informática, não precisa ser um técnico ou um especialista em tecnologia da informação para compreender o texto e aplicar, isto é se o passo a passo ou tutorial ou a "receita de bolo" estiver bem escrita e correta, e ainda, que seja de fácil compreensão. Imagine guiar um cego andando em uma rua, como guiá-lo/conduzi-lo? Assim é um usuário em um novo sistema operacional. Se não for bem guiado/conduzido certamente desistirá no primeiro problema, se isto ocorre, quem mais perde com isso é a comunidade Linux, em algumas distribuições Linux eu percebi e fica evidente que escondem a informação e não a compartilham, então para que serve a informação se não for compartilhada? Impedir ou dificultar a informação é um comportamento contrário ao código livre ou software livre.

Eu espero um dia poder fazer o que você, o Rich e o Juanito fazem, compilar os programas baixados direto do site do desenvolvedor e quem sabe poder colaborar com a expansão das extensões para Tiny Core.

Eu não sei qual é o seu idioma principal, seria interessante se fosse autorizado pelos membros lideres do Tiny Core que você pudesse criar os arquivos ".info" com o seu idioma principal, caso seja diferente do inglês e incluir o texto traduzido, normalmente a tradução fica melhor quando é feita do idioma que o criador mais domina fica melhor de ser compreendida. É por isso que eu posto em dois idiomas, certamente ajudará as pessoas que falam língua portuguesa a encontrar esta postagem e encontrarem as informações de como criar extensões para o Tiny Core.

Eu ainda tenho muito o que aprender antes de começar a estudar como compilar os programas para Tiny Core. Espero poder contar com a sua ajuda.

Espero ter colaborado.

marcelocripe

Texto original em português do Brasil, tradução para inglês por Google Tradutor.

Offline lhaley42

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2020, 11:55:35 AM »
Marcelocripe,

Saudações e Cumprimentos!  Não falo português.  Google traduz minhas palavras.  Obrigado por seus pensamentos.  Você me lembra de escrever de forma clara e completa.

Meus melhores desejos para você.
lhaley42

in english:

Marcelocripe,

Greetings and Greetings! I do not speak Portuguese. Google translates my words. Thank you for your thoughts. You remind me to write clearly and completely.

My best wishes to you.
lhaley42
Lexi