WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Xorg, ffmpeg4 & XVesa issues again  (Read 4103 times)

aus9

Re: Xorg, ffmpeg4 & XVesa issues again
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2020, 06:01:17 AM »
@ferran

It might help, even tho I do not have nvidia if you could supply some more details please.

a) just the snippet of
Code: [Select]
lspci -vlike mine...26:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Device 15d8 (rev c9) (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])
   Subsystem: Micro-Star International Co., Ltd. [MSI] Device 7b86

that should allow us to truly identify your pci id against the very extensive nvidia range found here
http://pciids.sourceforge.net/v2.2/pci.ids

It is possible your device might still need firmware but lets see?

b) There are many ways of playing videos not all require firefox (FF) nor ffmpeg4
Can you supply a url to videos you can not play please.
If they are too naughty pm me if you like

eg I can watch youtube movies with no sound if I have not started pulseaudio with FF
Code: [Select]
ls /usr/local/tce.installed/ | grep ffmpeg
# no hits

c) In FF -> preferences -> General ....Have you checked the box for DRM
and then gone to
about:plugins
and checked you have OpenH264 and Widevine Content Decryption Module

cheers

Offline GNUser

« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2020, 08:33:00 AM »
Hi, ferran. If you want to have  ffmpeg  on your system without dragging in hundreds of dependencies, you can grab the static build from here:
https://johnvansickle.com/ffmpeg/

The build works perfectly and simply adds two binaries to your system: ffmpeg and ffprobe.

Just put those two binaries somewhere in your PATH, add them to opt/.filetool.lst, then run $ filetool.sh -b

P.S. I find that for full video support on firefox I also need the  libavcodec4.tcz  extension, but this extension does not have hundreds of dependencies like ffmpeg4.tcz.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 08:39:41 AM by GNUser »

Offline nick65go

« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2020, 11:25:36 AM »
or you can re-master in seconds (combine with mksquash): libavcodec4.tcz  + ffmpeg4 (+ 100 deps) -> into one myFF-video-audio.tcz
i hope your Tera-bytes HDD has lot of empty space. the new myFF-video-audio.tcz will be mounted, so not all files will load in memory.

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2020, 11:19:47 PM »
It might be better to use a browser that uses gstreamer rather than ffmpeg libraries - the gstreamer dep files can be modified locally to use only the deps absolutely required.