WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: VLC  (Read 8379 times)

Offline pedantik

Re: VLC
« Reply #45 on: May 13, 2020, 07:38:53 PM »
Thanks aus9. There’s quite a bit there for me to digest.
When it seemed to me that my sound had been killed by what I’d done to this HP Elitebook 840 G3, I rebooted and did a fresh install. I’ll retrace my steps. I think I only need Pulseaudio to get sound working with Firefox. Alsa worked ok for me with VLC.
I’ve also downloaded the Tiny Core book as it’s obvious I need a lot more knowledge.

P

Offline marcelocripe

« Reply #46 on: May 16, 2020, 06:17:50 PM »
Hello pedantik,

I am also starting on Tiny Core Plus.

I had difficulties similar to yours.

The audio worked, then vlc3.tcz, it worked, but the audio did not work with firefox.tcz.

When the audio worked with firefox.tcz to have sound on Youtube, vlc3.tcz stopped working.

It was easier to use alsa-config.tcz and pavucontrol.tcz, being loaded in this order, with audio and volume control with the pavucontrol icon in the menu.

Vlc3.tcz would be the best choice, to play video files and audio files, but as I couldn't solve the problem, I found it easier to use the programs that worked, after several tests, mplayer-cli.tcz and xmms.tcz solved the problem and worked at the same time without causing conflicts with the firefox.tcz audio. Yes I put the three to play at the same time and it worked. Mplayer-cli.tcz to play video files and xmms.tcz to play audio files. It is a pity that mplayer-cli.tcz was not as powerful as xmms.tcz.

Don't give up on Tiny Core Plus, this distribution will save many computers from being discarded as they are impossible to run Windows 7 or 10.

The post of my doubts are in the link:
http://forum.tinycorelinux.net/index.php/topic,23705.msg150088.html#msg150088

Hope this helps.

marcelocripe

Original text in Portuguese, translated into English by Google translator.

----------------------

Olá pedantik,

Eu também estou iniciando no Tiny Core Plus.

Eu tive dificuldades semelhantes as suas.

O áudio funcionou, depois o vlc3.tcz, funcionou, mas o áudio não funcionava com o firefox.tcz.

Quando o áudio funcionou com firefox.tcz para ter som no Youtube, o vlc3.tcz parou de funcionar.

Foi mais fácil usar alsa-config.tcz e o pavucontrol.tcz, sendo carregados nesta ordem, com isso tinha áudio e o controle de volume com o ícone do pavucontrol no menu.

O vlc3.tcz seria a melhor escolha, para tocar arquivos vídeos e arquivos de áudio, mas como eu não consegui resolver o problema, achei mais fácil usar os programas que funcionaram, após vários testes, o mplayer-cli.tcz e xmms.tcz resolveram o problema e funcionaram ao mesmo tempo sem causarem conflitos com o áudio do firefox.tcz. Sim coloquei os três para tocarem ao mesmo tempo e funcionaram. O mplayer-cli.tcz para tocar arquivos vídeos e o xmms.tcz para tocar arquivos de áudio. É uma pena que o mplayer-cli.tcz não se mostrou tão poderoso quanto ao xmms.tcz.   

Não desista do Tiny Core Plus, esta distribuição irá salvar muitos computadores de serem descartados por serem impossíveis de rodarem Windows 7 ou 10.

A postagem das minhas dúvidas estão no link:
http://forum.tinycorelinux.net/index.php/topic,23705.msg150088.html#msg150088

Espero ter ajudado.

marcelocripe

Texto original em português, traduzido para o inglês por Google tradutor.

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #47 on: May 17, 2020, 04:46:42 AM »
The audio worked, then vlc3.tcz, it worked, but the audio did not work with firefox.tcz.

When the audio worked with firefox.tcz to have sound on Youtube, vlc3.tcz stopped working.

I've been unable to duplicate this error - as long as pulseaudio is setup first, sound works for me in both vlc3 and firefox.

Perhaps you had vlc3 setup to use alsa (firefox cannot use alsa) and after pulseaudio was setup for firefox it blocked alsa sound in vlc3 - this being said, you should be able to use the vlc3 menu tools/preferences/audio to set the audio output to pulseaudio if it was previously set to alsa.

As part of the troubleshooting I updated vlc3 anyway.

Offline marcelocripe

« Reply #48 on: May 18, 2020, 05:49:21 PM »
Hi Juanito,

When vlc3.tcz worked, it did not display the menu, the video played but did not have the menu.

I will uninstall (delete) all the old vlc extension with Apps: Regular Applications (tcz) and download the updated version of vlc3.tcz again.

Then I'll let you know the result, I hope it works.

Thankful.
marcelocripe

Original text in Brazilian Portuguese, translation into English by Google Translate.

---------------------

Olá Juanito,

Quando o vlc3.tcz funcionava não exibia o menu, o vídeo tocava mas não tinha o menu.

Eu vou desinstalar (deletar) toda a extensão antiga do vlc com o Apps: Regular Applications (tcz) e baixar novamente a versão atualizada do vlc3.tcz.

Depois te informo o resultado, espero que funcione.

Grato.
marcelocripe

Texto original em português do Brasil, tradução para o inglês por Google Tradutor.

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #49 on: May 18, 2020, 10:25:39 PM »
You don't need to delete your existing vlc3 extension - if you use the apps gui maintenance/check for updates and select the new vlc3 extension, it will be available after reboot.

Note that before testing the new vlc3, you need to do the following

* delete any vlc settings restored by your back-up, "rm -rf /home/tc/.config/vlc"
* start pavucontrol by clicking on the icon

..then vlc should work as expected.