WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Hplip  (Read 16923 times)

aus9

Re: Hplip
« Reply #105 on: May 16, 2020, 03:52:35 PM »
Hi
Gutenprint works also, but why couldn't someone simply say that HPLip HAS TO BE removed FIRST?
because I no longer have any HP printers so unable to test  on 64 bit.

If you have time, can you post any error messages you are seeing,
or some log or something so for 64 bit info file......I can get the gurus to update gutenprint info.
I am not sure if its just laser printers for HP that are causing you to see issues or your specific to your model. I am willing to update the info file for gutenprint once I know the reason.

Also what do you mean by hplip be removed first?
Do you mean.....do not load hplip when attempting to setup your printer with gutenprint
Do you mean.....in cups admin.....delete all hplip setups?

Offline techsuper

« Reply #106 on: May 17, 2020, 08:52:38 AM »
Hello,
I am using the 32 bit version so I can't comment on 64.
Choosing HP and using the recommended ppd file it fails with:
prnt/hpcups/HPCupsFilter.cpp 647: DEBUG: imageProcessorStartPage failed result = 2.
In my confusion, I think if I would have chosen either of the make or model of generic it would have worked with gutenprint installed.
I chose apps/dependencies/mark for deletion - HPlip extensions - (removes hplip also).

Setting up a printer, the only choice for a Model is generic PCL 4/5 or 6, but I get a Ghostscript: gs: no such file error.
I added ghostscript, I see a color ppd comment in the job, but it completes correctly.

thx

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #107 on: May 17, 2020, 10:12:21 PM »
I see there are several search hits for "prnt/hpcups/HPCupsFilter.cpp 647: DEBUG: imageProcessorStartPage failed result = 2" and even a patch here:

https://launchpadlibrarian.net/383616125/hplip.patch

..but it doesn't seem to have been taken up by hp?