WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Resume/Suspend on eee  (Read 3653 times)

Offline spillz

Resume/Suspend on eee
« on: July 14, 2009, 07:10:05 AM »
It might work natively (i.e. without any extensions loaded).

From a root window:
Code: [Select]
# echo -n "mem" > /sys/power/state
This works with/without X started on my dell d400. If it's still nogo, you could try the pci-utils/suspend/d-bus extensions together?

I can use this command to suspend my eee, but it doesn't come out of the coma. The computer reactivates at a keypress but is effectively frozen.

I saw thread about suspend issues with earlier tinycore: http://forum.tinycorelinux.net/index.php?topic=447.0 where the OP used:

s2ram -f -p -m
(though not on a eee)

Haven't tried this. But doesn't appear to be in the base and I don't see a suspend.tce package? I haven't played with pci-utils...

If s2ram isn't available/doesn't work, I suspect I prob need to suspend/resume video, shutdown/reactivate wifi and maybe some other stuff pre/post. Anyone had success here? If so, what steps do I need? Just like for wifi, I'll happily write a howto if I get this working. I'll document as I go...

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
Re: Resume/Suspend on eee
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2009, 07:43:07 AM »
Haven't tried this. But doesn't appear to be in the base and I don't see a suspend.tce package? I haven't played with pci-utils...

suspend is a tc_1.x extension - I'm not totally ssure if this would work with tc_2.x

Offline spillz

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2009, 07:59:46 AM »

suspend is a tc_1.x extension - I'm not totally ssure if this would work with tc_2.x

because it needs to be recompiled or doesn't work with newer kernel?

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2009, 08:15:28 PM »
..because it might not work with the newer kernel. I'll have a look at re-compiling it for tc_2.x
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 10:35:49 PM by Juanito »

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2009, 11:06:01 PM »
suspend extension for tc_2.x posted

Offline spillz

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2009, 06:50:42 AM »
suspend extension for tc_2.x posted

very cool. suspend then resume on eee 1000HA with
s2ram -f -a 3

BUT,
1/ wifi won't resume. iwconfig claims to see the network card with correct essid, wpa_supplicant appears to still be running, but udchpc times out trying to connect.
2/ brightness is wrong
3/ other issues?

Offline AlabamaPaul

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2009, 01:50:20 PM »
Has this been removed from the 2.x repository, or am I looking in the wrong place ?
Couldn't find it in http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/tinycorelinux/tcz_2x.html

Offline AlabamaPaul

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2009, 01:58:46 PM »
Ok, the link on the tinycorelinux.com site directs you to the tcz_2x repository, but I found the tce_2x repository after a quick search using google.

Offline AlabamaPaul

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2009, 02:12:23 PM »
How do I get AppBroswer to pull the TCE modules instead of TCZ ?

I used Select Mirror on CPanel, and specified tce instead of tcz, but the setting reverts back to tcz once I launch AppBrowser.

Short of manually downloading using wget and doing a local install, what should I do to get access to the TCE repository via AppBrowser ?

Thanks for any help.

Offline Kingdomcome

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2009, 05:43:18 PM »
TCE's are quickly being phased out.  Your only option right now is to manually download the TCE.  I would also suggest that you ask for the extension to be converted TCZ in the extension request thread.

Offline AlabamaPaul

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2009, 06:39:02 AM »
Thanks. I did that, and then found the thread on converting to TCZ, so I have converted suspend and liblazy to the newer format locally, and all works fine.

Offline jur

• cycling photo essays
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2009, 02:05:20 PM »
Any chance of posting this extension in the tcz repo?