WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Mount persistent opt and home from raw image at boot  (Read 1278 times)

Offline julcar

Mount persistent opt and home from raw image at boot
« on: October 22, 2019, 09:14:51 PM »
Currently I have persistent opt and home in the mydata.tgz file, the problem is that even when I keep it lighter in size, my computer only has 1gb of ram, and the space dedicated to my persistent storage is about 10% of it.

I would like to use the raw image mount feature to storage my opt and home directories, and mounting it at boot, right now I already have one of these images holding the compile environment.

Where could I find info about it?

Regards

Offline jazzbiker

Re: Mount persistent opt and home from raw image at boot
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2019, 06:27:07 AM »
HI, julcar!

You can use "home=" and "opt=" boot options, of course. Take a glance at http://wiki.tinycorelinux.net/wiki:boot_options
But you will loose the speed of RAM disk. There are countless methods to keep your home inside RAM, while having some data located physically outside it - take an attempt with links from your home dir (located in RAM) to some data located on other other media. Don't forget, that you can use different entries in your bootloder configuration file, with the same system and having different "restore=" and (or) "lst=" boot options.

And of course, "Into the Core" book is very usefull.

Good luck!

PS: /opt/bootlocal.sh will help too.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2019, 06:41:32 AM by jazzbiker »