WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Auto Multiple Choice (TC10 x86-64)  (Read 1755 times)

Offline user89

Auto Multiple Choice (TC10 x86-64)
« on: April 24, 2019, 07:38:00 AM »
Hello everyone,

Auto Multiple Choice (AMC) is a software for creating and managing multiple choice quizzes. I think it would be a great addition to our extension catalogue.
This is the official website (sources and debian packages are available): https://www.auto-multiple-choice.net/download.en

If anyone would like to help it would be great. Thanks a lot. :) :)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2019, 07:46:05 AM by user89 »

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
Re: Auto Multiple Choice (TC10 x86-64)
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2019, 10:40:01 AM »
I've been looking at this - it seems to require dblatex (which requires texlive) to build and texlive is huge...

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2019, 01:54:22 AM »
I finally got auto-multiple-choice to compile by hacking the Makefile so it didn't try to compile any documentation.

To run auto-multiple-choice requires the following perl modules (and their gazillion deps):

Gtk3
XML::Simple module
Locale::Language
Locale::gettext
XML::Writer
Archive::Zip
DBI
Text::CSV
Graphics::Magick
Image::Magick

..which can be loaded via the perl5 extension and cpan, but I'm not sure this is what you're looking for?

Offline user89

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2019, 11:54:28 PM »
I finally got auto-multiple-choice to compile by hacking the Makefile so it didn't try to compile any documentation.

To run auto-multiple-choice requires the following perl modules (and their gazillion deps):

Gtk3
XML::Simple module
Locale::Language
Locale::gettext
XML::Writer
Archive::Zip
DBI
Text::CSV
Graphics::Magick
Image::Magick

..which can be loaded via the perl5 extension and cpan, but I'm not sure this is what you're looking for?

Hi Juanito, thank you so much for your help. I was trying to get an AMC package so I could create a minimal system with Tiny Core dedicated to making and correcting tests. I've been using Ubuntu + AMC for a while on an USB pendrive, but it's not very pratical for unexperienced users. A remastered tiny core with only AMC would be something I could also lend to other people. I'm ok with remastering and stuff like that, but I'm not experienced enough to compiling an extension by myself.

Is there a way to put all those requirements into an installable TCZ package? So that we could get an hassle free way to install AMC on Tiny Core?

If that's too complicated feel free to tell me. Thanks again for all the help.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2019, 11:58:56 PM by user89 »

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2019, 10:50:06 PM »
The auto-multiple-choice extension has been uploaded for testing.

Note that several perl packages are required in order to be able to start auto-multiple-choice, these can be installed using:

Code: [Select]
$ tce-load -i compiletc gtk3-dev gobject-introspection-dev
$ sudo cpan
> install xxx

where xxx is Gtk3, XML::Simple, Locale::Language, Locale::gettext, XML::Writer, DBI, Text::CSV.

This will download, compile and install 63 perl packages in total.

I would guess that there will be additional runtime extensions required, so I would suggest starting auto-multiple-choice from the command line in order to see any error messages.

Offline user89

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2019, 08:52:26 AM »
Thanks again Juanito for all of your help. I'll get a USB pen drive as soon as possible and I'll start compiling those packages and see how it goes. This seems to be a time consuming process so I'll probably wait until I have a free day to dedicate to all this. Again thanks for all of your help. I'll post my results here as soon as I can. Thank you so much for all the help.  :) :)

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2019, 09:59:44 AM »
It only took 10-15 minutes to install those perl packages with cpan